MidwayUSA - What part of overnight don't they understand?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by GunNut, Oct 10, 2007.

1. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Ok...so I decide I want to take my 21sf to Ken's class this weekend. No holster...I order a couple of "instock" kydex holsters from Midway this past weekend and pay for 2nd air. Received email with tracking information.

They should have arrived today, nothing. I track the order, UPS shows it was never scanned into their system...ie, never picked up.

I call Midway to see what happened....they don't know, screw up somewhere. So I asked them to resend it overnight so I could get them by Friday as they verified it was never picked up.

Their response, can't do it. Eventhough they have one more ups pickup today, there isn't anyway to get it out today or tomorrow so I could have it by Friday. WTF?

I'll have a really hard time ordering from them again....

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

If you paid by credit card, you can call your bank and dispute the part of the charge that was the extra shipping fee for "services not rendered"

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I hope it works out for you!

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I told them to just cancel the order then since they couldn't get it to me. I better see a full credit on my Amex. I'll give them an appropriate amount of time to reverse them. I know from previous experiences with Amex that they will take care of any charges that should be there, so I'm not worried about that.

I also emailed the owner of Midway explaining my dissatisfaction with their customer service.

My real issue isn't with the screw up, I know these things happen. I have a problem with them telling me there isn't any way to correct it in less than three days. So, overnight to them really means 3-4 business days.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

2nd air is two days right? Overnight/Next day is one day. Just trying to clarify. Also, what time did you order it? I think some items say they take longer before they even ship.

6. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Yes, 2nd day air is 2 days. Overnight is the next day after it is shipped. I placed the order on Monday, received the "shipped" email Monday afternoon with tracking information. That means I should have had in on Wednesday. The guy I talked to agreed that I should have received it on Wednesday.

My problem is he told me there was no way they could reship so that I could have it by Friday....even after he told me they had one more pick up last night. So, why it takes 2 days for them to prepare a replacement shipment I have no idea when it only took a half of day when I initially ordered it.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

So, Mexican carry in the class? :D

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

nah...the 21sf isn't my only choice. Plan B is my p229, I already have an OWB holster for it.

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Update:

Delivered today....now I'm not sure what to make of it. Delivered 1 day late and I just checked the tracking number and it still shows UPS never picked it up.

:woohoo: Even better news....The CompTac I ordered arrived today as well, 4 days and it beats the crap out of the Fobus and Uncle Mikes that I was going to have to modify for the 21sf. (The CompTac is for the 21sf)

I feel much better now...I thought I was going to have to use a Sig in Ken's class.... :cantsay: :D

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Which Comp-Tac did you get for the 21SF?