MID GA, READ... "THE RIFLEMAN"

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by gizmo5, Sep 26, 2007.

1. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

I have put this off a good bit, but I feel the need to take care of those that have taken care of me.

This thread is about the two wonderful people that own "THE RIFLEMAN"

Mark and Yvette are the best at what they do, and that’s being good gun store owners and great people. The best I have EVER run across when it comes to gun store owners. Mark has always dealt with me in a VERY courteous way by always being informative and helpful. He is a smart guy who I believe will be able to rival anybody on this forum when it comes to gun knowledge. He knows TONS. He's definitely not the "gun store commando." :wink:

His wife Yvette is a true pleasure to deal with as well. She has always welcomed me and helps me in anyway possible. As far as guns go she probably knows more about them than most guys... :shock: She remembers my name, asks about my daughter, and knows how to take care of me when I’m in their store.

Neither of them have ever pressured me into a sale, as a matter of fact their personality and guns sell themselves. I just go in there to play/look and eventually end up spending money. :lol:

They are fair on trades and are always willing to take a look at what you've got. If you want something that they don’t have then they will call all over to find you a good price. Also they are a class III dealer and have all sorts of toys ready for you high dollar guys. Ive seen some and all I did was drool :shock: It was HEAVEN to hold/play/touch them and just realize that I held well over 100K worth of guns in one day. (If that just made you think about robbing them, I suggest you go elsewhere... Unless you want WWIII to start on ur ass)

They work for you not against you. Which always makes you feel good about the store you are in instead of some guy that doesn’t know crap about guns and tries to low ball the hell out of you on a trade. I had a "GScommando" tell me once that my hammer was back and that he was just letting me know for my safety... :roll: I looked at my 1911, looked at him, smiled and said thanks.

My point is this.... If you live anywhere in the south and want to buy a firearm then you would be a fool to not make the trip to Mark and Yvette's place...

"THE RIFLEMAN"

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

This place?

RIFLEMAN

478-746-2767

2720 Riverside Dr # 300-10
    Macon, GA 31204

Just making sure that's the correct address.

3. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

This is them...

THE RIFLEMAN
    7550 Hawkinsville Rd
    Macon, GA 31216
    (478) 784-2767

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

2 hr, 15 min from me. May stop by there sometime.

5. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Trust me... It will be worth your time... Here is the trick... Ask them to see some class III stuff. There is alot more than meets the eye. That is all... Ive said too much. 8)

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:D

7. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Keep asking "what else you got"

Thats it, ur not getting anything else outta me.... 8)

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'll stop by when I drive back home in a few months.

9. scottypp

scottypp New Member

The Rifleman

+1

They have great radio commercials, too !

10. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

I don't get out that way...just might have to take a road trip :D
    Just under 3 hours.

11. gtg947h

gtg947h Member

Does anyone know what their hours are?

12. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Call them, They usually stay consistent unless they have a show to go to or a full auto outing. :wink:

13. smn

smn Active Member

I've been in there a couple of times to just look. They have a very nice collection of rifles from new to old, used in war and peace. They have some pistols and some collectibles.

They've always been eager to help and would let me look until my eyeballs fell out without pressuring me into a sale of any kind.

14. richav8ter

richav8ter New Member

15. Alan Hicks

Alan Hicks New Member

If I recall correctly, they are open Monday through Thursday with a 1 hour lunch break during which they are closed. They open for those same hours on Fridays unless they are attending a gun show that weekend. Give them a call before visiting, particularly if you're going on a Friday. Mark and Yvette are great people, so ask them if they'll be at a gun show near your area soon, and if you ask them to bring along a particular firearm that you're interested in, you can be sure they'll do exactly that.

You really can't say enough about the Rifleman.

I recently purchased a Winchester Model 94 from them. It's a beautiful gun at a great price. It's a pre-64 model that cost me only a few bucks more than a post-64 model would have run me at other gun stores in the Macon area. I called them to ask about the gun and they were able to answer all my questions right down to the date of manufacture. (They knew for a fact it was a pre-64 gun, but weren't certain of the exact year and told me as much. They believed it was a 1949 make, but it's a 1950 make. Close enough. :) ) I couldn't get by that week to see the gun and possibly purchase it, and that weekend they went to a gun show.

Mark and Yvette didn't take the Winchester with them to the gun show because I'd called them earlier that week and was interested in purchasing it, even though I'd never met them or even stopped by to look at the gun. Mark even stated that if he had taken it with him, he would surely have sold it. I don't know of many people that would do that.

16. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Im telling you guys.... Ive been to a good amount of gun stores, but This one is the best. GO!!!! :wink:

17. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I picked up a Sig Mosquito, two-tone with the factory threaded barrel from them when they were at a N. ATL Trade Ctr. show. Hopefully they'll be at the one this weekend also. Very knowledgeable, agreeable folks to deal with. They're one of the few dealers with NFA goodies at the local shows, they usually have a couple of suppressed hosts on display.

18. connaught

connaught Guest

I, too, am a fan of The Rifleman. And for those of you in middle-Georgia, there is a great radio show that they sponsor each weekend called "Gun Talk" hosted by Tom Greshim. It is on WNNG in Warner Robins (AM 1350 and FM 99.9) each Sunday afternoon from 2-5 PM.

It is a fun show for gun enthusiasts.

Thanks to "The Rifleman" for making this show possible for all of us in middle-Georgia!