Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Custom User Title
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
so...lego M-16s get you expelled and dull mini daggers get you nothing...
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Well darnit, if they can wear religious daggers, I'm just going to start to wear my religious Sig P229 to my local high school functions.

I mean what in the heck makes hid dagger religious and my firearm non-religious? Do I need to put some religious symbols on it? I mean that is probably easy enough.

Maybe its time to create a religion that revolves around firearms and self-defense. :-k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
but c'mon.... you guys know we cant offend the minorities......... even if it means having to afford them special privileges that no-one else gets.....
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,108 Posts
Don't they carry the dagger as a symbol of their divine commandment to murder non-believers?
Why can't the school consider THAT? Sure, it means the school would be admitting that these knives do have religious significance, but it would also show why they should be banned anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
EJR914 said:
Well darnit, if they can wear religious daggers, I'm just going to start to wear my religious Sig P229 to my local high school functions.

I mean what in the heck makes hid dagger religious and my firearm non-religious? Do I need to put some religious symbols on it? I mean that is probably easy enough.

Maybe its time to create a religion that revolves around firearms and self-defense. :-k
Careful about saying religion, firearms, and self defense in the same sentence.
http://www.serendipity.li/waco.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Don't they carry the dagger as a symbol of their divine commandment to murder non-believers?
Why can't the school consider THAT? Sure, it means the school would be admitting that these knives do have religious significance, but it would also show why they should be banned anyway.
it is claimed that they are to carry these as a sign of their commitment to fight evil. personally, its all just religious hooplah to me.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
drtybykr said:
EJR914 said:
Well darnit, if they can wear religious daggers, I'm just going to start to wear my religious Sig P229 to my local high school functions.

I mean what in the heck makes hid dagger religious and my firearm non-religious? Do I need to put some religious symbols on it? I mean that is probably easy enough.

Maybe its time to create a religion that revolves around firearms and self-defense. :-k
Careful about saying religion, firearms, and self defense in the same sentence.
http://www.serendipity.li/waco.html
Good point, I think I'd rather stay alive.
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
Do you think we should do as they do in other countries in Europe, ban all religious symbols from public places?

No Crosses or crucifixes
No Hijabs or Burqas
No sikh daggers
No Yarmulkes for Jewish people.

Perhaps we should proclaim ourselves to be secular progressives and have no need for the symbolic overtures of any of these archaic superstitions.

[/sarcasm]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
bdee said:
Do you think we should do as they do in other countries in Europe, ban all religious symbols from public places?

No Crosses or crucifixes
No Hijabs or Burqas
No sikh daggers
No Yarmulkes for Jewish people.
:lol: i would not be opposed to this........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
308sniper said:
bdee said:
Do you think we should do as they do in other countries in Europe, ban all religious symbols from public places?

No Crosses or crucifixes
No Hijabs or Burqas
No sikh daggers
No Yarmulkes for Jewish people.
:lol: i would not be opposed to this........
+1, it only causes problems. You want to practice your religion, do it in private. I don't need to know (nor care) that you worship the flying spaghetti monster, Odin, or Zeus. :D
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
I think Christians should also be able to wear swords into schools. After all, Jesus did tell his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Since swords were the weapon of choice for self-defense during the day, could that also correlate to handguns, since they are the perceived weapon of choice for self-defense right now?

:lol: Of course not, Christians are not a specially protected minority in the US, silly me.
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
SYN ACK said:
308sniper said:
bdee said:
Do you think we should do as they do in other countries in Europe, ban all religious symbols from public places?

No Crosses or crucifixes
No Hijabs or Burqas
No sikh daggers
No Yarmulkes for Jewish people.
:lol: i would not be opposed to this........
+1, it only causes problems. You want to practice your religion, do it in private. I don't need to know (nor care) that you worship the flying spaghetti monster, Odin, or Zeus. :D
Maybe we should take it a step further. Perhaps all religion should be conducted in private, so if you want to practice your superstitions, these rituals need to be done in private.

How about we declare religion as an opiate of the people, and ban all public displays of religion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
bdee said:
SYN ACK said:
308sniper said:
bdee said:
Do you think we should do as they do in other countries in Europe, ban all religious symbols from public places?

No Crosses or crucifixes
No Hijabs or Burqas
No sikh daggers
No Yarmulkes for Jewish people.
:lol: i would not be opposed to this........
+1, it only causes problems. You want to practice your religion, do it in private. I don't need to know (nor care) that you worship the flying spaghetti monster, Odin, or Zeus. :D
Maybe we should take it a step further. Perhaps all religion should be conducted in private, so if you want to practice your superstitions, these rituals need to be done in private.

How about we declare religion as an opiate of the people, and ban all public displays of religion?
That might be taking it too far. By public I hope you mean in the halls of the government buildings and not "in view." :lol:

Didn't this happen in a little country called France?
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
France does it, but so does Turkey.

But no I was thinking of the logical end game of banning religion from public conciousness. Perhaps we could ban all churches mosques and temples as corrupt money laundering schemes, and use their assets for the greater public good.

The government has already appropriated most of the social benefits of the houses of superstition, maybe we should take it a step further and declare that the whole institution of religion is inherently corrupt and divisive, thus should be banned outright. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Don't they carry the dagger as a symbol of their divine commandment to murder non-believers?
Why can't the school consider THAT? Sure, it means the school would be admitting that these knives do have religious significance, but it would also show why they should be banned anyway.
Sikhs are not muslims. Different religion entirely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
bdee said:
maybe we should take it a step further and declare that the whole institution of religion is inherently corrupt and divisive, thus should be banned outright. :shock:
i would not be opposed to this......
 

·
انا باتمان
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
308sniper said:
bdee said:
maybe we should take it a step further and declare that the whole institution of religion is inherently corrupt and divisive, thus should be banned outright. :shock:
i would not be opposed to this......
To do this we need to get someone to introduce a bill to repeal the first amendment. :shock:
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
bdee said:
308sniper said:
bdee said:
maybe we should take it a step further and declare that the whole institution of religion is inherently corrupt and divisive, thus should be banned outright. :shock:
i would not be opposed to this......
To do this we need to get someone to introduce a bill to repeal the first amendment. :shock:
Ok, I literally LOL'd when I read this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
bdee said:
308sniper said:
bdee said:
maybe we should take it a step further and declare that the whole institution of religion is inherently corrupt and divisive, thus should be banned outright. :shock:
i would not be opposed to this......
To do this we need to get someone to introduce a bill to repeal the first amendment. :shock:
This is why I asked your definition of "public." :D
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top