Michigan: Parents turn in son after he admitted to high school shooting plot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by tmoore912, Mar 22, 2018.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

http://www.wnem.com/story/37763165/...fter-he-admitted-to-high-school-shooting-plot

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Yeah. Good thing the kid was in police custody already. :-k

Maybe the kid will get the help he appears to be crying out for. Kudos to the parents.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Bullying seems to be another major contributor to these kids going off the edge. Recall that Emma the Lesbian publicly admitted to being one of the students that had bullied Cruz for years before he lost it. Why aren't these kids (the bullies) held to some form of responsibility for their actions? They're indirectly responsible - maybe even directly responsible - for the actions of the Cruz's of the world.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Two major problems with that story:
    1 - no mention of what pushed the kid to the edge, bullying or what the schools responsibility is to address that, and
    2 - the moron school administrators cancelled school AFTER the kid TURNED HIMSELF IN and was in CUSTODY! Imbeciles.

5. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I don't understand why more kids don't use molotov cocktails for attacking schools. Starting a couple of strategically located fires would seem likely to cause more fatalities than shooting. Not that I'm advocating a more effective solution for those attempting mass murder - just saying it would seem a lot easier, quicker, and more effective.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Because that is not what they've trained for over thousands of hours of intensive training. We all fall to our lowest level of training under stress.

[​IMG]

7. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I think it is a kind of copy-cat syndrome. They see the sympathy or attention that school shooters get, along with the shooter's ability to lash out at people that have bullied them or whatever and they see themselves with the same pain, so the actions seem appropriate. I'm sure once one is successful with arson/firebombing it would take off.