Michael Vick wants a dog

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by bdee, Dec 16, 2010.

1. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Give him a dog. The biggest baddest meanest dog he wants.

4. groats

groats New Member

Just be sure it's hungry.

And Michael's smeared with bacon fat...

5. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Then he'd probably look to start up his little operation again.

6. The Chili Pros

The Chili Pros New Member

You have to be a truely cruel man to do what he did with those animals. I have heard from other people that he has paid his debt, etc, etc.
    I believe that he should have all of the success he can get in his personal life, but as far as owning another animal? NO!!
    The man does not have the compasion in his heart to take care of "any" animal and do what he did

7. tbill

tbill Member

I still don't understand why he's out of prision. His treatment of those dogs clearly shows he has no empathy for anything weak or helpless. The idiot Pacelle is a text book case of being blinded by celebrity and trying to blame Vick's behavior on society is totally ludicrous. I grew up on a farm and seeing animals raised and butchered for food was a regular sight, but no animal was mistreated or caused to suffer. Everything was done humanely and any behavior close to Vick's would have been SEVERLY punished. Vick is his own problem and I don't have any sympathy for him having to admit to his daughters he is an inhumane monster. He made that bed on his own and if he finds it uncomfortable, I have just as much sympathy and concern for him as he had for those poor dogs.

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

But how good would it be for the dog?

9. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

10. Match10

Match10 Active Member

11. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

He needs a dog. Not for himself directly, but for any children he'll be around, his own, relatives, or friends, so they may learn empathy versus what they'd learn if he didn't have a pet.

12. InalienablyGreek

InalienablyGreek New Member

He was made an example of and paid his debt to society so why won't people get off his back?

13. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

That's like giving a pedophile a little boy.

14. InalienablyGreek

You're comparing the suffering of an animal to that of a child? You're sick.

15. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

? That isn't remotely the context of his post.

16. rainmaker

rainmaker New Member

I suppose I would liken it to giving Amy Winehouse crack cocaine to aid in her drug rehab

17. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Because some people don't think jocks deserve to get free passes.

If you or I killed someone in our sports car through stupid, drunken negligence, we'd be sitting in prison, but not if you are a pro-athlete. You get to walk and play again.

People like to biotch about American Idol and the damage it causes this country, look at your sports folks. It's much worse what you'll give passes on for a good game.

18. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Well excuse me if my metaphor is off a little in your mind, but you get the point. Go be hyper-sensitive somewhere else.

And by the way, the reason people 'don't get off his back' is because he's a sociopath. He has no empathy or regard for life in general.

19. InalienablyGreek

I understand that, generally speaking, celebrities don't suffer the same consequences as us regular folk. But Vick just abused some dogs. Dogs. He didn't ruin a human life. He ruined some dogs' lives. And then he got a much worse punishment than I've known some regular folk to receive for the same crime.

20. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Animals are helpless, humans are not. Sounds like you have abused some animals in your life.