Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Wiley said:
Amy sounds like a good candidate for a Georgia Probate Judge.
#-o

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got to love due process. :shock:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Guilty until proven innocent?

What's wrong with that?

That was a rhetorical question, but if you really want me to expound upon it, well... How much time do you have?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Macktee said:
Guilty until proven innocent?

What's wrong with that?

That was a rhetorical question, but if you really want me to expound upon it, well... How much time do you have?
For serious?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Well thats the way the law is written. Is it a real surprise when someone finally decides to enforce it.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
ber950 said:
Well thats the way the law is written. Is it a real surprise when someone finally decides to enforce it.
Inocent until proven guilty
Accused means you are guilty, until you can prove otherwise.

Duke lacross players comes to mind as the most recent big headline.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pede

This Judge is just following the law. The Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits persons with a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction from owning, transporting, or using a firearm. It was effective in 1996, I believe. The law stinks, but it is the law.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Re: Pede

Pede said:
This Judge is just following the law. The Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits persons with a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction from owning, transporting, or using a firearm. It was effective in 1996, I believe. The law stinks, but it is the law.
Being convicted is not the same as being accused.

·
68,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does Florida law (or federal law, for that matter) justify seizing firearms licenses from those accused of certain misdemeanors?

If so, then maybe the judge is just finally doing what should have been done all along.

If not, then she may be acting without any justification in the law.

Which is it?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Does Florida law (or federal law, for that matter) justify seizing firearms licenses from those accused of certain misdemeanors?

If so, then maybe the judge is just finally doing what should have been done all along.

If not, then she may be acting without any justification in the law.

Which is it?
IIRC its Federal law. If you are charged with certain crimes.

·
68,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I do not believe there are any federal laws relating to state firearms licenses other than the gun free school zones act (declaring resident state licenses to be an exception to this unconstitutional law) and NICS (declaring certain licenses to be an exemption from NICS checks at point of purchase).

Correct me?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I do not believe there are any federal laws relating to state firearms licenses other than the gun free school zones act (declaring resident state licenses to be an exception to this unconstitutional law) and NICS (declaring certain licenses to be an exemption from NICS checks at point of purchase).

Correct me?
Transportation from one state that allows carry, through a state that does not, with a destination of another that allows it... GCA 1968

also

A state such as Georgia that says you cannot get a license or one can be revoked from
(1) Any person who is prohibited from possessing firearms pursuant to 18 U.S.C. Section 922;

·
68,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gunstar1 said:
A state such as Georgia that says you cannot get a license or one can be revoked from
(1) Any person who is prohibited from possessing firearms pursuant to 18 U.S.C. Section 922;
That is my question, I suppose. Does Florida have a law that authorizes what she is doing, in which case that means that the law has been violated all this time, or is she the one violating the law?

Somebody is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts