MI: Man's Right to Hunt Taken

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Jeez, it isn't like the guy was hunting with a 30.06 on 1 acre in the middle of the city.

3. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

What a crock of $hit! He owns the land and pays the taxes and the GOVERNMENT won't even let him hunt his own land even with a Bow... what a joke....If it in the city limits it would have to zone commercial i would sell it and get the Hell out of there!

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

My inlaws own a huge tract of land (349 acres) that up until a few years ago was outside of the city limits. In the midst of a tissy between the city and county, the city pushed the city limits out two miles in all directions, which snared my inlaws' property. The city has an ordinance that prohibits anyone but LE acting in an official capacity from discharging a firearm within city limits.

So far there haven't been any issues with people hunting or target shooting on the property, but several subdivisions have sprung up in the area; so, I expect people would now be likely to call the police if they heard shooting to any degree out there, but I doubt the local cops would really push the issue all things considered.

5. M249

M249 New Member

And so it continues...

Anyone read "Men in Black" by Mark Levin?

6. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Not yet, but I want to.

7. Malum Prohibitum

I read it.

The Tempting of America by Robert Bork is much better.

8. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I'll add that to my list...im reading the Politcal Zoo by Dr. Savage at the moment.

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Although :ianal: , I agree with the majority. This is about discharge of weapons inside city limits, something most cities prohibit, not about hunting.

The fact this guy has a pretty big back yard doesn't really make a difference. It's a safety issue to the city, not a hunting issue. I'm not sure I can agree with prohibiting bow hunting, but if 56 acres is enough land to do it safely, why not 20 or 5? Like most zero tolerance rules, it doesn't allow for common sense, but it is the law.

Yeah, it's a crock. But, he lost. And Legacy, I think your in-laws will too, one of these days.

One of my (far too many) physicians told me recently he owns a large tract north of Marietta where he goes to target shoot and was going to invite me to join him, but...

The last time he was shooting, after letting off a few shots, he heard shouting and yelling. Just over the hill, a new subdivision is going in. Ergo, end of target shooting on his own land due to the possibility of a round going over the hill. Probably not illegal, but he doesn't want to take a chance of injuring someone, however slight that chance may be.

Bummer! Too much civilization can really suck!

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Some of the things Bork says scares me.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Read it Ramm, then discuss at will.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Don't dance on his crushed hopes yet, Macktee.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news.as ... 4&zoneid=6