Metals recycling - cables and PCBs

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Archangel, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Looking for a place in metro ATL that gives the best prices on copper, and PCBs.

I have lots and LOTS of CAT5 cable, server AC line cords and PC, printer, and server memory and system boards.

Would like to take them all to the same place if possible.

Anybody know of a good one?

2. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Hi Guy, I'm guessing this is from the data center re-fit you just completed . . .

Mike

3. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

If you are willing to travell there is a place in Carroll County that usually pays pretty well. I can look the name and adress up when I get back home and will pm it to you.

4. sirkut

sirkut Member

What sort of boards? depending on what they are I salvage the parts for my synth/guitar pedal projects.

5. Archangel

Actually stuff I have accumulated for years. I have a shed in my backyard full of crap I've moved 3 times and never used. A colleague from Kentucky suggested recycling. I thought why not?

Sure thing send it over.

Old Pentium III and Athlon system boards in various states of working, a bunch of old memory from everything imaginable, PC, laptops, printers, servers. Lots of Cat5 ethernet cable, AC line cord, serial cables, printer cables, SCSI cables, modems, etc.

I have a bunch of old Toshiba laptops, working but old (P90s to P133s). Some old Compaq laptops.... You name it.

6. sirkut

sirkut Member

Ok well I figured as much. There's really nothing I could use from that lot. Best score was old dictaction/911 call center equipment I received. Loads of goodies. thanks for letting me know!

7. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

for any nonferrous recycling go to m+m recycling (404) 516-4869

for computer stuff or any electronics in general go to compupoint USA (770) 840-8220

8. groats

groats New Member

Anyone having usable computer gear they'd like to get rid of,
    we have here in Pickens Co. an organization called "Launchpads for Literacy" where volunteers rebuild old computers to give away to families who can't otherwise afford one. (Families who have students in school or college)

We've placed perhaps 130 so far, and would welcome donations, especially if they consist of quantities of the same or similar items (makes diagnostics, reloading & searching for drivers easier).

If you or your business has a closet full of older stuff you're unlikely to use, PM me. We'd appreciate the help, and your company can probably get a tax writeoff.

9. Archangel

A worthwhile organization. My stuff is parts and pieces. Looking to unload for cash money.

10. Gunfixer69

Gunfixer69 New Member

I didn't forget about getting you the name and address of the guy in Carrollton. My neighbor told me got arrested for knowingly buying stolen copper. Sorry I couldn't help more.