Meriwether Co to vote on Shooting restrictions

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Scott 40s&w, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

Meriwether County is voting on a county ordinance to ban shooting within 100 yards of a building and shooting at night. This is a direct threat to our 2nd amendment rights. Please attend the Commissioners meeting on Feb27 at 6pm to voice your opposition to this new ordinance. This board is corrupt and already facing a federal lawsuit for the county's illegal actions against a range owner.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ouch, short notice! Bad ordinance. Is this ordinance going to affect the range?

3. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

If they are able to enforce it yes but based on other state laws like the range protection act it will be hard to make it stick. Ga already has state laws pertaining to the discharge of guns near houses and roads.

4. Jk30265

Jk30265 Member

Likely another attempt to screw with the same range. Some people in Meriwether County can't let **** go.

5. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Sorry you are going through this again, Scott. Please let is know how things went at the meeting tonight.

6. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

I went to the BOC meeting and they dropped the proposed ordinance like it was a red hot coal. Thanks to everyone that called in and showed up. They even quoted one of my post. I think they now realize people are watching. The one commissioner that made the proposal said she only wanted people in Meriwether Co. to be "neighborly". I thought being neighborly meant following the laws of the State and not harassing your neighbors with frivolous calls to the sheriff and zoning office. Especially after the judge dismissed all charges.

UtiPossidetis, Phil1979 and TimBob like this.
  7. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Glad things worked out for the best!

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The rumbling clamor of local infringement has quieted... until it starts back up again.

RunningDawg likes this.
  9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If you want to be neighborly, don't move into a neighborhood with an established gun range and then complain about it.

UtiPossidetis likes this.