Memorial Day at the Indoor Range

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by rjinga, May 30, 2017.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

My younger son asked me last night if I wanted to go to the local indoor range with him and his friend today. Umm, I’m your huckleberry!

I had my PTR 91 GI rifle and Sig P229 handgun. My son had his Rock River Arms AR-15, and his friend had his Taurus .38 revolver, Glock 19 handgun, and a Mosin Nagant rifle. They both fired each other’s weapons, and mine too. I also tried out my son’s friend’s revolver and Glock 19. However, we apparently didn’t have enough firepower, so my son used one of his friend’s free rentals to try out a FN P90 (full auto): https://youtu.be/WTzPe5kUTrA

The range was just 25 yds, and I only have photos of me working on the windage, and then finishing off the last of my ammo. For all of the windage groups, I was leaning over and resting my elbows on the shooting lane counter. Irons sights; no scope. I was shooting Wolf Polyformance steel-cased ammunition. And, the squares are 1".

1st group):
    [​IMG]

A 1/8 counter-clockwise adjustment to the right, and then fire the 2nd group:
    [​IMG]

Another 1/8 counter-clockwise adjustment to the right, and fire the 3rd group (The 3rd group was over the 1st group because by the time I ran the target back out, I forgot that I was supposed to be shooting the top left, instead of the bottom left target.):
    [​IMG]

This time I’m pretty sure I did a 1/4 counter-clockwise adjustment to the right, and then fire the 4th group:
    [​IMG]

And then, one more 1/4 counter-clockwise adjustment to the right, and then fire the last group:
    [​IMG]

And then, I finished off the box by shooting Mr. Bones from a standing position:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member