Georgia Packing banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I un-hid your message because I figured that an argumentative, abrasive, out-of-state attention-seeker might think that he was being called out.

You can do your own searching. I'm not going to do that for you, nor do I feel inclined to discuss anything with an argumentative, abrasive, out-of-state attention-seeker, and further his agenda.
Wow, you un-hid, huh ? But, can't seem to find anything, huh ?

What you hidin' from man ?

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Too much stupid emotionally driven politically talk here; not high-quality political talk like you might get from reading National Review magazine
or The Federalist Society's monthly newsletter.
Do you honestly expect a gun forum to function similar to the Yale Debating Society? Do you really think any gun forum's political discussions are going to meet your lofty expectations? Do you find the political discourse at the ODT forum, where you spend quite a bit of time, is more ethereal and refined than what goes on here? I rarely go there (ODT) except to sell stuff but the vast majority of posters there raise the hairs on my neck. Politics is very emotionally driven in case you haven't been paying attention these past few decades.

But, I don't even come here for political talk. Rather, I expect Georgiapacking.org to be mostly about guns, state gun laws, and specifically Georgia firearms related issues, not national politics!
Then ask the owners to delete the offending individual forums. How do you think that will work out in the long run?

How about starting your own gun forum?
"GunsmokersgunforummostlyaboutgunsstategunlawsandspecificallyGeorgiafirearmsrelatedissues.com" Got a nice ring to it but kinda long. You'll have to work on that. Or just stop bitching about everything.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
I have not seen anyone on here post "isn't this ridiculous"? since I've been reading on here. Can you please point those out to me ?
Right here is one in a few more words.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,015 Posts
Was there a membership list purge? Last I recall it was around 9,900. Now it's around 8,200.
I wouldn't mind a "purge" where inactive members who have not posted anything in a year, or even logged-in for the last 6 months, get a polite "Hey, do you still want to be a registered user here?" e-mail AND private message. If they don't reply to those in a week, they get put on "inactive" status and NOT counted on membership numbers.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I wouldn't mind a "purge" where inactive members who have not posted anything in a year, or even logged-in for the last 6 months, get a polite "Hey, do you still want to be a registered user here?" e-mail AND private message. If they don't reply to those in a week, they get put on "inactive" status and NOT counted on membership numbers.
Really, why ? Who cares how many members there are ? There are only a very few that are active anyway.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Probably makes a difference (to the forum owner) on attracting ads and pricing them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts