Members Listing

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by moe mensale, Jan 5, 2020.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Our current "Members" tab is really pretty useless as members lists go. It just lists certain members in certain categories. Why don't we have a real members list that lists all 8,000+ members? The information is already there.

Phil1979 likes this.
  2. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

When GS1 owned this website, we had that ability to look up individual members.

3. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Nix the tab.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I'd like to see a "members list" that is searchable based on our own criteria for that particular search. Such as "FIND ALL MEMBERS WITH 3 OR MORE POSTS IN LAST YEAR."
    Or "Find all Members Who Have Made 20 or More Posts in Buy/Sell/Trade forums."

At the very least, we should have a way of getting a list of "active" members who have logged in sometime in the last few months and tend to make at least a few posts a year.
    I'll bet only 1% of our total number of registered users / members meet that criteria.

5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

That's being generous.

hma153 likes this.
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

In general that's probably the norm for most online forums. ar15.com has >500,000 members and there's usually ~5K online at any given time. When I was an admin on Florida Shooters Network there were members who signed up and were never heard from again. Not one more log on, not a single post over 10 or more years. Why did they even bother?

I find it odd that this board can't even provide a simple alphabetic listing of all members.