Megastar

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ptsmith24, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

[​IMG]

http://star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/megastar/index.shtml

So, last night at the range my coworker had a Megastar pistol that I shot. It definitely shot well but I'm not sure that I'd use it as a carry pistol. It's heavy which helps with the recoil, but would also be bulky to carry. It shot solid and straight down the middle of the paper. Anyone else have experience with that manufacturer or particular model?

2. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

My wife owns a Star ".40. I think it's an M31, but it might be one of the "Firestar" lines.

It's not a bad pistol. It's solid, seems to be pretty well made, goes bang every time. There have been a couple of FTE's over about 1000 rounds. Nothing on a regular basis or for any particular cause that I know of.

It's an all steel gun. The weight is nice for shooting but it's not so good for carry. It's not bad if you've got a good belt and holster, but it'll drag your pants down if you try to carry it without them.

The magazines are a bit tight, you have to give them a little pull to get them out. I do not know if that will loosen up or not. We may have to polish all of the interior surfaces to get a free drop.

If you're interested in shooting it and you're ever in the Lawrenceville / Norcross area, give me a shout and we'll meet you at the range.

If you're trying to buy one make note of the fact that parts can be hard to come by. I'm not sure if Star is still in business or not; I've heard it both ways. I've also heard that they are in business but they are no longer sold in the US.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, my coworker and I were looking online for magazines and they are HARD to find from what we saw. He only has the one. We'll look at the gun show coming up here in a couple weeks. But yea, I'll be in the Lawrenceville area (I'm near Snellville) July 22 for a little while (minus a mountain trip one weekend). Mountain trip = all the shooting you can do into the side of the hill for free. :p