Georgiapacking.org banner

81 - 100 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
jrm said:
If that's the case, could we just bring some fence posts and wire and run our own target supports across several stations at a couple distances?
That may be a bit more work than needed. I just make individual target stands out of "one by" slats that can be taken apart and put in the trunk of the car. The fence post thing works good but is more for a permanent setup in my mind. I'm not real fond of the idea of sinking fence posts for a few hours of shooting...

·
Sledgehammer
4,705 Posts
If you have something that works, great. I don't have what you're describing, but I do have fence posts, a sledge hammer, some wire, and some fencing pliers. As they say, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I see what your saying now. I thought you were talking about 4x4 wood fence posts not the stake kind. I don't think they would be happy about the metal steak fence rails though (for the same reason they don't let you use steel targets)...

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Hey GS1,
Could you send out an email anouncement about the meet/eat/shoot to all the members via email. I'll bet there are some out there that don't check the forum on a regular basis that would like to attend. Just a thought....

·
Registered
206 Posts
gunny.... I don't know if it would be controversial or not about open carry. The owners are a christian husband/wife team and I see no signs that say not. I really wouldn't sweat it.
The address is 127 Commerce ave. Lagrange, GA. 30240
phne number is 706-884-8842.
The name of the restaurant is FRIED tomato buffet, not GREEN tomato restaurant as I previously thought. :oops:
But I know one thing...its a great place to eat.... :D

·
68,147 Posts
ROLL CALL

Showing up at the lunch, Fried Tomato Buffet:

USMC - Retired
Artz
jrm

Showing up for the shoot by 2:00 at the West Point WMA range:

USMC - Retired
Artz
Gunsmoker
jrm
Malum Prohibitum
John
Tony 218
Gunstar 1
curtdiss

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
As long as were doing a roll call lets see what kind of ordnance everyone is bringing:

USMC – Retired:
Ruger P-85 9mm
Bersa Thunder .380
M-1 Garand .30-06
Ruger Mini-14 .223
Remington Model 700 .30-06

·
Registered
206 Posts
para 12.45 LDA .45 acp
colt mustang .380
Ruger sp101 snub w/ c.t. grips .357/.38
Ruger gp100 4" .357/.38
Ruger superblackhawk .44 mag (xr3 old frame) 8"
Smith/Wesson K22 .22 LR
Taurus 85 snub .38

BTW.... If anyone is coming off I-85, I sure could use that lift.
Theres a few advantages to it.... 1) its simple and fast to get to me
2) I know the shortcuts coming and goin'... 8)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
jrm said:
Gunny, too soon to decide on ordnance. That's a "what do I feel like shooting today" kind of thing.
I may have a few last minute add ons to my list as well but I know that I will be bringing those at a minimum...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Any one have a glock 29 10mm ? Please bring it !..... :)

·
68,147 Posts
jrm said:
. . . too soon to decide on ordnance. That's a "what do I feel like shooting today" kind of thing.
For me, it is a "what can I afford to shoot today . . ."

I will shoot whatever I have extra ammo lying around for . . .

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
jrm said:
. . . too soon to decide on ordnance. That's a "what do I feel like shooting today" kind of thing.
For me, it is a "what can I afford to shoot today . . ."
Shame on you MP! Everyone should have stores of ammo at home as part of our duties as a "well regulated militia".

·
68,147 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
. . . Everyone should have stores of ammo at home . . .
That's what I'll be shooting!

I edited my post as you were writing yours.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Hey Art, Are there shooting benches at this range? I plan to do some bench rest shooting to sight in my deer rifle prior to the season.

81 - 100 of 189 Posts