Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

61 - 80 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I will do my best to be there and bring the wife too. At this time I don't see any reason why we wouldn't make it. Good thing it isn't the day before, I couldn't miss the first Dawgs game of the season. Actually I try not to miss any of em...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I will have directions to the WMA range from the north, south, and east.
I have a small favor to ask if its all possible from anyone who is coming to the meet n' greet. But before you commit I want everyone to read their directions to see if I am in proximity to them.
I have been out of commission since June29th, with a broken right leg (you got it....'can't drive), and I will ask for a lift. I have guns, ammo, water cooler, and thats about it. My mom's home is about a 20 minute drive from the range, shes located just off I-85. I'll explain later...

Arthur :)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Sept 3, Sunday, at 2:00 p.m.
How about we get together for lunch before shooting? Is there a carry friendly (no alcohol) place to eat anywhere near the range? Who would be interested in a meet and eat first? Say about noon....

·
Registered
206 Posts
I could do a meet n' eat n' shoot....most definitely...
The closest is in LaGrange.
A place called the "Green Tomato" restaurant. A quality food, no alcohol, all you can eat place.
My personal favorite with plenty of choosing.
Only $6.00 per person and that includes your drink.
It is in north Lagrange and within one block of hwy 27.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
the only problem with meeting at noon is
(bible thumping mode on) some people will be in church,
myself, being one of those.

·
Registered
206 Posts
maybe I'm wrong but I suggest those who get out of church just do what you gotta do. Eat at your location....
We should be on the range 1:30 to 2 o'clock....

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Lucky for me we have an early service and a later one. If we go to the early service we can be there at noon easy.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I know I don't post much here.

I'd like to show up.

However, I'll be at Dragon*Con. ;-)

Half-nekkid geek chicks win out over crusty old guys with guns. 8)

*grin*

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i went to dragon-con several years ago just to see
the misfits play. i was amazed at the work some of
these "geeks" put into their costums.
you are so right about the half nekkid women.
but no money this year.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Did anyone ever reply as to how long the range is? Also, if we bring paper targets, what type of system do they have for hanging them?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,089 Posts
we being paper targets

I am not being a paper target for nobody!
And as for being hung... well..... :lol:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
No one ever said Marines could type.... Dang e and r keys are too close together....

·
68,458 Posts
artz said:
I have a small favor to ask if its all possible from anyone who is coming to the meet n' greet. . . . I will ask for a lift. I have guns, ammo, water cooler, and thats about it. My mom's home is about a 20 minute drive from the range, shes located just off I-85. I'll explain later...

Arthur :)
Arthur, I see nobody has offered, and you may be on the way to the range for me (as I will probably be driving to Hogansville to get on the Interstate), but if I pick you up you will definitely miss lunch, as I will be "Bible thumping" with my family until about noon or so.

·
Sledgehammer
4,758 Posts
I haven't looked at a map, and I have no idea where the places named are in relationship to one another, but I can offer this:

I won't be thumping (I am relying on MP, et. al., to put in a good word for me).

I will be driving down I-85.

I'm not terribly concerned about driving a bit out of my way.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Art,
I'm coming from the South so I won't be hitting 85 or I would definately get ya. Could you do me a favor instead? Could you post the street address of the place we're meeting at for lunch? That way I can just pop it in my GPS and not worry about printing out directions....

·
Registered
206 Posts
this is a 100 yard range. Here is a phone number for those that want to try to get in contact with the person who is "in control" of the range. It is (478) 825-6354. The range is called the Jim Hackley WMA range in Heard county.
I had totally forgotten about GPS coordinates. I will get the correct address on the restaurant, and possibly the coordinates to the range itself for those that have the capability.
As for directions, do not get too technical reading them. Its simple.
If I get more information that helps, I will be more than glad to post it. Everyone will see how easy it will be to get there. I have talked with folks that drive from metro ATL to shoot there. NOW.... if they will just build that range in Dallas... 8)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I just called the number above (wildlife office) and the lady told me that shooters need to bring thier own target stands for paper targets since they don't really have anything to hang targets on.... Figured I would let the rest of you know as well so you can come prepared....

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Hey Art,
Do you think open carry would cause a fuss at the Green Tomato?

61 - 80 of 189 Posts