Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I would need a specific date and time before I could say if I could make it or not...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
let's try to pick a date.

·
68,080 Posts
artz said:
Well.....its August and September is fast approaching.
The West Point WMA range is outside of LaGrange. Its out in the woods, and most of the time is virtually empty plus its free, clean, and a very nice range.

Its an hour and a half from Atlanta. Forty minutes from Carrollton. one hour from Fayetteville. one hour from Columbus. fifteen minutes north of LaGrange.

no muss, no fuss....no red lights or major traffic. Diffenently no stop and go traffic. South of Newnan and Carrollton is a breeze to drive... can't get any easier............... :roll:
So, it is just me, Artz, USCMR, and Tony? :cry:

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Depend on date

·
Registered
206 Posts
The range opens at 8am till 30 minutes before sundown, Mon.-Sat.
Sunday is from noon to 30 min. before sundown.
The wisest time/date choice for the shoot would be on the weekday because most folks work. Weekends are no gaurantee. Saturday and Sunday, I have seen it standing room only (waiting is rare), vs. 2 to 3 shooters all day. Deer season is fast approaching.
I would like this to happen (if possible) at the end of August or beginning of September before my girlfriend drags me off to Florida to meet her family. I'd hate to miss this. Any questions ??? Arthur :)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
If it's a Sunday it would need to be in the afternoon for me to make it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sunday is good for me

·
68,080 Posts
I would make it about 2:00 p.m., since a lot of people do not get out of church until about noon.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
That was my point, just didn't want to come across as a bible thumper...

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
27,996 Posts
Meet in LaGrange

I could meet y'all for some shooting on a Sunday afternoon around LaGrange most weekends. But all my Sundays in August are booked, as is 9/10/06. Sunday 9/03, 9/17, and 9/24 should work for me, I think.
If anyone wants to supply the 9mm ammo, I'll bring a bullet hose (SMG).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sunday the 3rd of September sounds good to me. The range opens at noon. No steel targets are allowed. Paper only.
Everyone ? How about it ??? :) :?:
Gunsmoker ? :?:

·
68,080 Posts
Sept 3, Sunday, at 2:00 p.m.

I will try to be there.

Please forward directions, and any retrictions other than no steel targets (I don't want the water cooled barrel and 20 mm anti-tank crowd to be surprised and dissappointed).

Also, how many yards of distance are available?

I look forward to meeting some of you in person.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
27,996 Posts
Works for Me

Sept. 03 works for me. There's a triathlon at Callaway Gardens that morning that I might go to, but that leaves the afternoon free to shoot.
I also need directions, and some ideas about what kind of shooting we'll be doing and from what distance. I guess full-autos and exploding targets are verboten at a Wildlife Management Area range, eh?

It's a shame about no metallic silhouettes. I was just about to have one fabricated at a local shop-- instead of the usual chicken / pig / ram, I was going to have 'em make mine in the shape of a housecat. :twisted:

41 - 60 of 189 Posts