meeting

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by john, Mar 17, 2006.

1. john

john New Member

At the risk of repeating myself from last year ,should we not get togeather one day soon. At a ryans or ihop. I think most of us would like to meet and the weather is getting nice. How about at a range?

2. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Im good for that, eats or what ever...

3. artz

artz New Member

sounds like a winner... 8)

4. john

john New Member

SO how and when do you want to get togeather?

5. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Its ok with me, first we need to decide what were going to do, then when and were we are going to do it...

6. artz

artz New Member

well...there is a govt. public range north west of LaGrange. Bring yer own papertargets and stands. Its out in the county and would be perfect.
    No hassles from LEO's, etc.
    Someone could bring a gas grill, and everyone pitch in with goodies, and we could shoot, eat, and visit... 8)

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

SUGGESTION

LET's PICK A GENERAL AREA ( i.e. within 50 miles of a certain city)and a GENERAL TIME FRAME (maybe a 9-day window encompassing two weekends). Then we can see who is likely to be able to attend. Maybe in a few months we can do it again, this time in a different geographical area.

LaGrange is not good for me. Too far from where I live and the other places I regularly travel. But if it works for a bunch of other people... go for it. I can try to attend a different meeting at some point in the future-- one closer to I-75 somewhere between Atlanta and the Florida line.

8. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Where is it :?: The only one I know of near there is the one on the West Point WMA. It is a nice range but is only 50 yards. :|

9. cashman

cashman New Member

The WMA outside lagrange is A 100 yds. I also would like to attend definitely if its outside LaGrange.

10. artz

artz New Member

the most central area we all know of is Macon. Thats about as smack dab in the middle as it gets... :idea:

11. john

john New Member

How about an IHOP or a gun show? Maybe Atlantia area.

12. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

Sounds fun
    I am in the Atlanta area

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Eastman gunshows has an event later this month at the state fairgrounds located just outside 285 on 75 heading to Macon.

I put links to the 2 big gunshow producers in Georgia on the Gun Links page.

14. artz

artz New Member

wouldn't be a bad place.... rather be shooting up ammo though instead of temptation on buying another pistola ! :shock: 8)

15. john

john New Member

A little temptation never hurt anyone , not in stainless auto anyway.

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Shooting Range at Gun Show

That gun show being held at the State Farmer's Market in Forest Park is right around the corner-- literally walking distance if you weren't carrying a bunch of weapons and heavy ammo--- from a full-service gun shop and indoor shooting range. Pistols and Rifles both allowed, centerfire rifles no problem. Is it still called "Georgia Range and Guns?" Or maybe they are going under a new name now. But it's right next to the farmer's market, so we could meet, shop, eat, and shoot all in one little area.

17. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Ive been there for some training, im good for that...

18. tony218

tony218 New Member

EATING

the resturant in the farmers market is closed now.
    there is a waffle house across the street, a zestos
    down the street. burger king and mcdonalds down
    the street but nothing nice close by.
    well, maybe denny's if you call that nice
    but that sounds like a great idea.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Dennys - not off limits

"Nice" places - all off limits

20. tony218

tony218 New Member

sounds good