Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
68,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Question?

tj2000 said:
. . . since they no longer want to issue a temporary permit would it be prudent . . . to apply for my permit around 6 or 7 months before my old one expires?
Acworth? Isn't that Cobb County? Cobb County Update

·
68,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
By the way, that link above is yet one more reason to Join GCO!

:righton:

It wasn't the NRA that got Cobb to issue temporaries . . .

·
Registered
397 Posts
Acworth

Malum,
Acworth is the hub of three counties;Cobb, Cherokee, and Bartow.
I live in the Cherokee part of Acworth.
TJ

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Back up, Rewind.

Malum,
Back to my original question; Is it leagal to re-apply 7 or more months before my oiginal permit expires and still carry concealed?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
TJ

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
You can submit you renewal application from 90 days before expiration and depending on the county 30 or more days after.

·
68,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Any person who holds a license under this Code section to carry a pistol or revolver may, at the time he applies for a renewal of the license, also apply for a temporary renewal license if less than 90 days remain before expiration of the license he then holds or if his previous license has expired within the last 30 days.

That provision applies to an applicant's entitlement to a temporary renewal licenses. I do not think the statute addresses the timing for application for the full five year renewal, and the wording of this statute certainly implies the ability to apply outside the four month window. If you apply prior to the 90 days, however, then by statute you are not entitled to the temporary license.

I am sure, though, that the local probate court probably has policies regarding the timing of an application for a renewal license. I am also sure that the local probate court cares not for what the statute says.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Renewal?

Guys,
Thanks for your insite on this matter. If they don't take my current licence after I re-apply then I should be alright. Since it will be like the first time I applied it will be as if I don't have a licence.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Re: Question?

This is what I said from the bottom of page 2.
Gunstar1 said:
tj2000 said:
Malum,
This might not be the place to ask but Since it does deal with Carry permits I was wondering, since they no longer want to issue a temporary permit would it be prudent (considering the lengthy time to get the new permit) to apply for my permit around 6 or 7 months before my old one expires? Is it legal to do this or should I go defensless for 4-6 months waiting?
Thanks for your help,
TJ :roll: :roll: :?: :?:
There is nothing in the law that says you cannot try to apply for renewal 6-7 months in advance. In fact some probate courts, since they wont give out temps, are allowing earlier submissions.

As I think about it, since the court will probably say there is no such thing as a renewal, they really have no basis for not allowing you to submit your application early (if renewals do not exist then neither does any restriction on when you can apply for that renewal).

·
68,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
:oops: I knew somebody had written that somewhere, but I could not find it to quote it, so I thought I would just write it out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thans guys

I want to thank you guys and hope ya'll have a great holiday and a safe one. I really beleive this is one of the best sites for the common carrier. The reason I say this is I am a member of several including (PDO) and it used to be good but gremlins and trolls have taken control and I beleive there is a lot of bad advice being given on it. I still look at it from time to time but this site is by far the best. I can only atribute this from the fine administrators and members that are on this site.
Thanks again,
TJ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts