Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
I told Jenn that whether she likes it or not, I'm going shooting Sunday at 1:00 !!!

Of course that was after I asked if I could go, she said yes by the way, and she left the room.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I hope everyone realizes that its Memorial Day weekend, and I forgot that I will be on the lake drinking beer... So Im pretty sure Im out...

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
And Ramm told me he was stockpiling and couldnt go to the range the other week when I went. Hmmmmmmm.......I promise I shower twice a day, clean cut, 33 year old guy, swear people like me.

·
16,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Adam5 said:
I told Jenn that whether she likes it or not, I'm going shooting Sunday at 1:00 !!!

Of course that was after I asked if I could go, she said yes by the way, and she left the room.
We're all very proud of you ;)

DanH, we could always go to a restaurant after, have a couple of beers and let someone spill their water on you. It's pretty much the same experience, but with the added benefit of shooting! It's Win-Win!

Sharky, I hate to break it to you like this, in front of everyone, but Ramm's been seeing me on the side. You know how he hasn't been showing up at home until real late, smelling of cheap gin and with a dirty crack pipe? Yeah... :p

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
:rotfl:

I always suspected he was like that! LOL

No harm no foul, just have to dish out some crap to Ramm. To bad this is a holiday weekend, or heck I would definitely be there. Plans were already made in advance. Oh well......

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Sharky said:
:rotfl:

I always suspected he was like that! LOL

No harm no foul, just have to dish out some crap to Ramm. To bad this is a holiday weekend, or heck I would definitely be there. Plans were already made in advance. Oh well......
Man, that's too bad because, ya know, we all'll really miss you... :lol:

But, you may be assured, there will be a next time!

Maybe you can make it then.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Absolutely!!!! Next time its on.

I havent been to Bulls Eye in Cumming yet but would like to. I did go to Oakwood Sporting and wasnt bad, a few extra bucks for range time, in a great area, plus I dont mind a nice drive up lake lanier!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Dan H said:
So Im pretty sure Im out
BOOOOO!

Sharky said:
And Ramm told me he was stockpiling and couldnt go to the range the other week when I went. Hmmmmmmm.......I promise I shower twice a day, clean cut, 33 year old guy, swear people like me.
I know.....but I haven't been to the range in a while......

budder said:
but Ramm's been seeing me on the side.
Everyone is telling my secrets.....first the crack...now this.... I'm ruined....and after I have tried so very hard to carefully cultivate an image of a reserved, polite, non-confrontational young adult... lol :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Unfortunately, I work every weekend, so Sundays are out for me.

However, some friends of mine and I are going to the outdoor range up in Resaca (free range, only $5 to park your car) the next day, Monday, Memorial Day.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... hp?p=40992

Come join us if you have the time!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I am in (along with a friend from work). I picked up a Bushmaster AR15 today and need to break it in (although someone before me broke it in some.
How many are showing up for sure?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
It was a good turnout

I think about 10 or so folks showed up. It was good meeting and shooting with you guys, even though I have no idea who most of you are or what we were shooting (darn earplugs).

Good fun it was.
Unilt next time.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Re: It was a good turnout

Sine Nomen said:
I think about 10 or so folks showed up. It was good meeting and shooting with you guys, even though I have no idea who most of you are or what we were shooting (darn earplugs).

Good fun it was.
Unilt next time.
Guess we'll have to take a headcount, or roll the call or something...

You were there, I was there, who else will admit to it?

And yeah, it was a blast. (Don't ya jest hate puns?) OK, let me rephrase; it was a hoot and a half! Really! Noisy, but fun!

It's always fun shooting different guns and we had a nice selection today, which made for a most enjoyable afternoon.

After meeting more GCO people, I'm looking forward to the 16th even more than I already was! This seems to be an extremely nice bunch of people. Either that, or those I usually run with aren't very high caliber. Again with the puns...! Arghh!!! :lol:

As for what we were shooting, I had my new WWII vintage Moisin Nagant model 1891 mini-cannon, my Hungarian FEG PA-63 in 9x18, my Hi Point model C-9 in 9mm and my S&W model 60LS in .357/.38 special. But, I can't remember who shot them other than Ramm. That boy is a gun whore! He'll shoot anything!!!

I shot Adam's Hi Point carbine, Budder's Walther P22 and CZ 75, some kind of carbine that I think was chambered in 7.62 x 39 and a couple of others including Sine Noman's little poodle plinker. Fun!

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Glad you fellers had a good time. Woody the Infidel and I ran out the Athens Rifle Club and put some rounds though a couple of 10/22s and a CZ 452 Varmint. We then dusted off a couple of Springer 1911s followed by some trigger time on a Glock 27 and a XD9 sub.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Re: It was a good turnout

Macktee said:
Sine Noman's little poodle plinker. Fun!
poodle plinker? POODLE PLINKER!? :shoot: Fine be like that =;
But know my little "poodle plinker" could put a serious hole in anything next to a paper target.

I must say, your mini-cannon was quite an experience to shoot. I think I have a bruise on my shoulder, but I'm going to say it's from racing go-karts for the past two hours. So now my whole body hurts and I REALLY can't hear. It's a rough life, I know.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I was there and it was a great time. Nice meeting you guys except other than Ramm "the gun whore" I am really bad at remembering names. I had my new (new to me) Bushmaster AR15, my "modern" SKS, my tiny 10/22 and a few of my pistols. I shot a few other peoples stuff and a few shot my stuff, it was a really fun time, tough in an indoor range with all of the hearing protection. I was one of the 2 guys on Lane 11, the other guy with me was David a guy I work with. We have another gun whore coworker that lots of fun toys that we were trying to get to show up but his honeydo list was too long today. He will sometimes bring out his 10.5" S&W 500 plinker among other little toys that pack a punch. We should do this again and maybe go grab a bite and a beer afterwards.

I may have to try to make it to the 6/16 event. Is that a guys & guns only event or is it open to the family? My wife likes to shoot and I am just starting my kids with the Ruger MkIII and 10/22.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts