Media Bias/Hype in reporting BB incedent.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by thebugman, Feb 18, 2006.

1. thebugman

thebugman New Member

BB gun fired at school bus driver
    LAWRENCEVILLE — Someone tried to shoot a Gwinnett County school bus driver with a BB gun Monday on New Hope Road.
    The driver told police he was traveling near the intersection with Bowman Road about 6:30 a.m. when a BB gun pellet struck his window and shattered it. The bullet narrowly missed the driver’s head, according to a police report.
    Police believe the shooter was aiming for the driver because the bullet struck the window at his head level. The driver said he didn’t see who was shooting at him, the report said.
    — From staff reports[/i]

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

I call BS on this one.

Man accidentally shoots himself
    SUWANEE — A Suwanee man accidentally shot himself in the hand Friday while driving down Peachtree Industrial Boulevard.
    The man stepped on the brakes at the intersection with McGinnis Ferry Road, causing a handgun he kept in the car to slide out from under the driver’s seat. When the man reached down to grab it, he “felt a flame and then his hand hurt,†according to a police report. He then realized he had shot himself.
    The bullet went through the man’s hand and into the car windshield. The victim’s wife and 20-year-old daughter were also in the car, but they were not injured, the report said.
    — From staff reports

3. thebugman

thebugman New Member

This would turn out a little differently if I was driving.

GRAYSON — A 19-year-old college student was carjacked Friday night while driving on Bennett Road.
    At about 10:15 p.m., the victim slowed to a stop at the intersection of Bennett Road and Hillside Drive behind a red, four-door car. A young black man in dark clothing got out of the back seat of the red car and walked back to the victim’s 1997 Honda Accord, according to a police report.
    The suspect opened the victim’s car door, pointed a gun at his neck and ordered him to get out. Two accomplices then joined the gunman, ordering him to take the victim’s money. The gunman stole the student’s wallet and got into the victim’s car. The other two men ran back to the red car and drove away toward Snellville.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

What in the world is going on around here!!! I live in Gwinnett and this is why I carry ALL the time.

5. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Dude this isn't anything. I was looking for a specific story and started finding all these stories of what I would call violent crimes in Gwinnett. Majority are armed robberies of business and carjackings. I was amazed how many carjacking were occuring, since I never hear of them. Especially North of Hwy 29, and the majority occurred in apartment complexes. That said I also saw a trend of people being followed home from gas stations and being carjscked in their driveways.

If you buy your gas at QT you may have noticed that if you are paying inside you have to pay first. This is a result of extremely high amount of drive offs. One QT had over $30,000 in drive offs in one month! QT won't prosecute drive offs by the way.

I also saw another trend as I started reading through the articles. Many crimes seem to be gangs. Apparently we have the Crips, the Bloods and many mexican gangs here in Gwinnett. When they repaint the water tower, it's going to be with spray paint(graffiti), and it will say "Gangs Live Here"

The other thing I really haven't heard of until I started researching the Police reports was home invasions. They seem to be increasing as well.

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Yeah I hear ya, I was being more of a smarta$$ than anything else. I have seen the mexican gangs around the gwinnett place area and even in the sugar loaf area. My fiance was mentioning it when we went to Discover Mills, she likes the outlets. Seems to be moving further north! As I live my life not in fear, I just try to be as prepared as possible so I can never say....Coulda Shoulda Woulda!

Even the 316 area near 85 has gone to hell in a handbasket! We are looking at houses and forget it, told her to keep looking further up. We both work in North Gwinnett so no issue with the commute.

I like it here, but wont plan on retiring here! Pretty far off from that but you know what I mean.

7. Dadx4

Dadx4 New Member

Bugman

thanks for the heads-up. That Grayson story is about a block from where my son lives. I forwarded the link to him

I have a source that told me that there are between 40-50 different Hispanic, Asian and black gangs with chapters in Gwinnett. The car jacking sounds like an initiation. Exact same thing happened to a friend's son about 2-3 years ago off Sugarloaf Pkwy near Discover Mills. He was kidnapped but released unharmed (thankfully) about an hour later. The kidnapper told him it was a gang initiation.

Folks, there are no safe areas anymore.

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

I WILL BE MOVING SOUTH IN THE NEXT 2 YRS.