Meade 5" Reflector Telescope For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by spotco2, Nov 18, 2010.

1. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

TeleStar DS-2130AT #70131RE

5" reflector with GOTO computer

Larger diameter version of the popular Meade DS-2114 types, with a 127mm (5") diameter primary mirror for superior light gathering ability and improved high power observing. Includes the Autostar computer keypad for fast and easy set up, with automatic tracking and GOTO. Complete scope, ready for observing!

Aluminized and multi-coated primary mirror and matching elliptical flat secondary mirror (diameter =127mm, 1000mm focal length, f/8); rack and pinion focuser with .965†and 2†eyepiece holders; single fork DS-2000 altazimuth mount; full length adjustable field tripod with aluminum legs; accessory tray; 494 Autostar control system with over 1400 object database; battery pack for 8 AA size (user supplied) batteries; PC-compatible astronomy software; 5x24 viewfinder with bracket; three eyepieces (.965â€) – H25mm, H12.5mm and SR4mm for magnifications of 40X, 80X, 250X; 3X Barlow lens.

[​IMG]

Link to owners manual http://www.meade.com/manuals/TelescopeM ... manual.pdf

I got this as a Christmas gift last year and never figured out how to use it. It still looks new and I think I have the original box and packaging for it. The image is very clear and before anyone asks, it's to powerful to see in the neighbors windows. :lol:

$160 cash and it must be picked up in Rockmart Ga. This is very large and heavy so shipping would be very expensive.

E-mail [email protected] goes directly to my phone.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Does it use a Weaver base or Pickatinny rail?
    If I put it on an AR with a 16" barrel, will it clear the front sight? Or do I need a folding front sight?
    :mrgreen:

3. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

I've dragged my 8" scope out to near Rockmart a couple of times now for the dark skies. You can see the Milkyway out that way!
    You should learn how to use it! The universe is amazing, and Jupiter is up pretty early these days.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Jupiter was it's closest to Earth in a long while a few weeks ago. I could see three of its moons with my spotting scope.

5. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

Sunday Bump

Sure would make a nice xmas gift!

6. spotco2

spotco2 New Member

So Santa did not bring you that new telescope that you were awanting for Christmas this year?

Well you're in luck because I still have one that I need to get rid of!

Make me a reasonable offer and you will not be disappointed.

Cash or trade for firearms please.