Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
68,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... yID=114571
When former Frederick County Sheriff Robert C. Snyder applied for a right-to-carry gun permit several years ago, he had every reason to believe it would be granted.
The former lawman had served for 24 years on the Maryland State Police and was sheriff for eight years.

"I wanted a revolver to carry in my car," Snyder recalled. "I wanted one for protection if we were traveling."

Imagine his surprise at learning . . .

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Ultimately he was awarded the permit thanks to an effort by Frederick County Delegation Chairman Paul Stull, but Snyder said the experience made him wonder if he -- a former sheriff -- had so much trouble, how would the average person fare?
But, during his 32 years of being an "only one," he never wonder or cared about the average citizen's needs? Only when he became a member of the great unwashed...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
With the politics in most of the state it would surprise me greatly if any RTC movement has any luck of even coming up for a vote.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Well there is an ongoing lawsuit challenging their current may issue system. The results of that would be a great benefit to all stranded in leftist states.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
"That incident is one reason Snyder supports a legislative proposal that would give the current Frederick County sheriff the responsibility to issue right-to-carry permits, rather than Maryland State Police."

:shattered:

He's okay with the sheriff issuing, but not the state police...How about "shall not be infringed"?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Your RTC is better guaranteed in CA then MD. :screwy: I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
AV8R said:
Ultimately he was awarded the permit thanks to an effort by Frederick County Delegation Chairman Paul Stull, but Snyder said the experience made him wonder if he -- a former sheriff -- had so much trouble, how would the average person fare?
But, during his 32 years of being an "only one," he never wonder or cared about the average citizen's needs? Only when he became a member of the great unwashed...
Exactly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts