Mayor of Roswell in bed with Bloomberg,NY

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by robpiat, Jun 14, 2007.

1. robpiat

robpiat New Member

New York has a long history of passing off blame for its own social problems.

Jere Wood, the mayor of Roswell, is a flake and always has been.

Got this from the NRA:

As you know, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is heading a national cabal of anti-gun mayors called “Mayors Against Illegal Guns.â€

The main objective of this coalition is to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment. This critically important legislation protects the privacy rights of law-abiding gun owners, the safety of law enforcement officers, and the integrity of criminal investigations by preventing inappropriate and public release of confidential firearm trace data except in the course of a bona fide criminal investigation.

Law enforcement has been steadfast in joining NRA in support of preserving the Tiahrt Amendment. Both the BATFE and the Fraternal Order of Police (which Bloomberg called a “fringe organizationâ€) strongly support keeping this sensitive data private.

Bloomberg, however, is undeterred and he is continuing to try to expand his anti-gun coalition. In addition to the mayors of cities in Georgia listed below, who are currently members of this coalition, Bloomberg is increasingly pressuring more mayors in your state to join his efforts, engaging in a full court press!

Mayors in Georgia Who Are Current Members of Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalitionâ€:

Jack Ellis

Office of the Mayor

700 Poplar Street

Macon, GA 31201

(478) 751-7170

[email protected]

Jere Wood

Office of the Mayor

38 Hill Street

Roswell, GA 30075

(770) 641-3727

[email protected]

In order to combat Bloomberg’s crass, anti-gun efforts, we need your help!

Using the sample text below, we need you to contact those mayors in your state who have already joined the Bloomberg coalition and ask them to withdraw. AND, we need you to contact your mayor and urge him/her to resist pressure to join Mayor Bloomberg’s efforts to restrict our rights.

Working together, we can ensure passage of the Tiahrt Amendment and protect the privacy of lawful gun owners and the lives of law enforcement.

Please contact the mayors listed above, as well as your own mayor TODAY, and encourage your family, friends, and fellow firearm owners in Georgia to do the same.

Yours in freedom,

NRA-ILA

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

What happened to the mayors of Atlanta and Athens that were already members?

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Here is the list according to Bloombergs website:

Mayor Heidi Davison
    Athens-Clarke County, GA

Mayor Shirley Franklin
    Atlanta, GA

Mayor Jack Ellis
    Macon, GA

Mayor Jere Wood
    Roswell, GA

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Why am I not surprised that C Jack is one of the members. :evil:

5. robpiat

robpiat New Member

Just got a response back from the mayor:

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

He's allowed to own a gun but doesn't want anyone else to, right? :roll:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Guns sales aren't regulated? Wow, maybe I should join this group, too! :D

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

My opinion of Mayor Jere just dropped several notches...

Although a close neighbor, I don't live in Roswell, so I really can't complain to him about how stupidly he's acting. But I wish I could.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You're a crotchety old man....no one will notice. :D 8)

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

That's about the depth of a response I expected from the mayor of a major city in Georgia.

The last letter I sent to Shirley Franklin I told her I wouldn't spend any tax dollars in her jurisdiction even if I had to stop in Atlanta, City of, to get gas for the ride to the hospital for my liver transplant.

No response yet. I've since moved even further away though :D