MAY 13th NRA 3 Gun Experience

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Scott 40s&w, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

This event is for all ages and experience levels. Not a competition just learning about 3 gun with 22 rimfire Rifles and pistols and 20 gauge shotguns.
    1738 Upper Cove Rd
    Woodbury Ga 30293
    706/553-2352
    9am-4pm (ok to show up late) Register at https://3ge.nra.org/

There will be 6 stages of steel reactive targets. Some stages are set up like a steel challenge or a rimfire silhouette stage. We have plate racks and the Texas star. The roll over target is ready as well.
    You can shoot your firearms or the range guns if you don't have one.
    Instructors and RSO onsite. Ammo available at the range.
    Since this is the first one in the southeast it is open to other ranges to observe the event. This event also meets the requirements for a Scholastic Shooting Sports program. If you are interested in starting a SSSP program for your school come check it out.

2. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Awesome!
    And per the NRA "find an event" page, this shooting event is free.
    (Scott, I hope somebody's paying you well to host this!)
    I (Kurt) haven't done any 3 gun shooting, but I used to play some 2-gun rimfire (rifle and pistol only) at Creekside Firing Range west of Cartersville. Several years ago. I took my .22 pistol to a steel plate challenge with Malum Prohibitum several years ago, too.
    I've got a 20 ga. shotgun. A Browning Buck Mark. And a couple of 22 rifles, including a Ruger 10/22. This should be fun.

3. Scott 40s&w

Scott 40s&w Member

The submission Form for the NRA Event page did not have a place for the fee.
    The range fee is $20 but the rest is free, no add on for targets or use of loaner guns. Plus where else can you shoot at several thousand dollars worth of steel targets.

Bring a minimum of 100 rounds of 22 and 50 rounds of 20 gauge. Bring more to shoot more. Eye and ear protection required.

Ammo, eye and ear protection are for sale at the range.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

This is tomorrow.
    I hope it doesn't rain.

5. gunsmoker

This is a heck of a long drive from Cumming !
    I'm about there, and the sky looks pretty moist.
    total overcast .

Attached Files:

6. gunsmoker

Fun

It was fun!
    More of y'all should've come, and brought your sons or grandsons.
    A father and his adult son came down from Smyrna / Marietta.
    Each shooter got to fire from six different pit areas, each with one set of targets for the shotgun only, one set of targets for the rimfire rifle only, and one set of targets only for the 22 pistol .

Attached Files:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I heard about this from gunsmoker. I wish I had noticed this thread sooner. I would have brought a kid or two. This range is pretty close to me. It certainly looks like a load of fun.