'Massive spike' in gun and ammunition sales as FBI background checks break May record

Discussion in 'In the News' started by StarJack, Jun 2, 2020.

1. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

2. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Heard on radio this morning and they were trying to say it was a result of the Arbery and Floyd cases even though the effects they could have won't really be viable until this months numbers are available.

3. StarJack

4. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

There is also historic high of delays and denies on those background checks.
    There is a historic shortage of firearms available.

5. StarJack

45_Fan likes this.
  6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The cause of the decline is the total lack of available firearms to purchase. Many of the gun makers are located in states that are still shut down. Problem #2 is the lack of springs available to assemble the firearms in order to get them on the market. And last but no where near least is the lack of ammo to test fire any they manage to assemble. The ammo shortage comes from the lack of primers. There is plenty of brass, led (and other materials) for the bullets and no shortage of powder.

The springs are made in China.
    The Primers are also made in China.

Smilodon likes this.
  7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Sounds like an opportunity for American companies to make springs and primers.

Harhib likes this.
  8. StarJack

Sounds like something the progressives on WSB would say.

9. StarJack

10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side of things should festivities kick off after November 4th there will be a 7 day introduction period followed by a prolonged period of plentiful weapons and ammunition. No FBI checks or exorbitant prices either. Just be aware that when the dust settles you'll need to return those automatic weapons back to the government.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

That's what I was thinking, sales would have to decline from a lack of inventory.

12. StarJack

13. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Mine is in the water a couple hundred yards south of the south point of Roosevelt Island. I cannot swim well so I didn't go overboard to get it.

Nemo

14. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Automatic weapons? We ain't got no automatic weapons! I don't have to show you no stinkin' automatic weapons!!!

[​IMG]

15. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Those auto's from the Great War are getting long in the tooth. Need replacements.

16. StarJack

17. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

18. HJB

HJB Active Member

I'm kind of surprised that August had a 133% rise in gun sales because by then the cabinets were getting pretty bare. And I know gun and ammo manufacturers are adding capacity by working 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week. Some are buying additional capital equipment and seems like I saw someone building a new plant.

But, someday this is going to stop. And not only will gun and ammo sales drop to "normal," I think they will drop back to below normal, and maybe well below normal because so many people bought guns and ammo and overpaid for it and I think oversaturated the demand.

So, there could be some really lean times ahead at some point for manufacturers and retailers in the businesses. I sure hope they are sticking some of this sales bonanza aside for those leaner days....

19. Harhib

Harhib Active Member

I’m sure if you can figure it out the industry leaders can

Broadside Bob likes this.
  20. HJB

HJB Active Member

Don't be so sure.

Won't be the first time gun and ammo manufacturers can't figure it out and go bankrupt.