Massachusetts AG Bans Sales of All New "Assault Weapons" As of Today

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by UtiPossidetis, Jul 20, 2016.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...w-ar-15-sales/

Sadly, it'll mean no shipments of formerly MA-compliant so-called 'assault weapons' to MA gun dealers or Internet buyers -- and no sales of such in MA LGS's.

The choices of law-abiding MA citizens just became more limited due to the actions of criminals. Unfortunate.

There is already a petition on the Governor's desk for an immediate overturn. The 5,000 necessary signatures didn't take more than a few hours to obtain.

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Now wait a minute!

:banghead:

If removing them does nothing to "limit the lethalness" then how the frickety-do-dah-day does ADDING them "increase the lethalness"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????

3. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

"Operating system"? These aren't phased plasma rifles. Or by "operating system" do they mean "it shoots bullets by igniting gun powder"?

What, like bullets? Magazines? Barrel nuts? Would a recoil spring count? Common fasteners?

:banghead:

4. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Does this ban all firearms? they all use primers

5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Several of you are under the misunderstanding that logic and facts play any role whatsoever when a lawyer who is in a position of authority, like an AG, wants something to be so. Carry on.

6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

She has not thought of that yet. She is still working on the little thingy that goes up.

Nemo

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Good questions, but if the government (acting on the wishes of the people) want to ban assault weapons, it's legit to ban the near-copies that have the same major components, 95% or more parts interchangeability, same ammo, same magazines, same scary tactical look that makes sissy [male] journalists leak a little pee in their underwear from fright when they shoot it at the range...

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

The question is are the people of Massachusetts going to do anything about it? Are they going to throw these politicians out on the street or are they going to accept this as being for the good and safety of the people? And, are the firearm owners going to comply? Is this enforceable? In other words, does MA require the registration of firearms so they will know (assuming you comply) that your purchasing a non-compliant weapon out of state to circumvent the law? Does it apply to out-of-state purchases when you personally transport the firearm back to MA?

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ha, ha, ha! You crack me up!

:rotfl2:

These "people of Massachusetts" are not their New England ancestors who surrounded Boston with 15,000 armed men who were not army regulars, at a time when Congress was still making peace overtures to the King and wished to reconcile (almost a year before even the Declaration of Independence).

Some of them may be related, but these are NOT the same people.

Are they going to do anything about it? LOL! I can't stop laughing!

10. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

All I know is this:
    There is already a petition on the Governor's desk for an immediate overturn. The 5,000 necessary signatures didn't take more than a few hours to obtain.

11. Malum Prohibitum

If those 5,000 people would show up around the Capitol carrying newly illegal AR15s openly, demanding the law be changed, I bet it would get changed.

There are not 5,000 people willing to do so.

12. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

In MA? Good luck. More likely the National Guard would be called out (which would immediately reduce the crowd to about 500 retired guys).

13. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I fear there are not 5000 people willing to do so here in GA. :-|

14. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

As long as you sit back and let government erode your rights away, they will do so.

15. Malum Prohibitum

I fear you are correct. I did not mean to limit my comments to Massachusetts exclusively.

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Isn't that the God's honest truth?

17. EJR914

They are just experiencing DUMBOCRACY, or in correct spelling, DEMOCRACY.

According to some, even on this very website, there are those who get so brainwashed by media and the like that they truly believe that if 51 percent to 99.999 percent of a population want to take away your God-given natural rights such as self-defense then it is ok to do so. That is what is going on here.

We are not a Republic anymore where the government is there to defend your natural, God-given rights. No we are now a Democracy, where the Mob Rules, and if they want to take away your rights, that is exactly what they are going to do.

We don't live in a Republic anymore. This is Democracy in action. Hope we all like it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  18. EJR914

This, nobody is going do do a DARN thing about it. Nobody. I mean nobody.

19. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Funny, a few years ago I had to correct one of my children's social studies tests and explain to the teacher that my child was correct. She marked him off when he wrote that we live in a Constitutional Republic - she wrote in "Democracy" as her correction. She argued with me, but in the end I persuaded her that she was an idiot....err...wrong.

20. EJR914

There isn't one person, and I mean one person willing to do so here in Georgia, much less MA. Ok, well maybe one, but certainly not two or three. Nothing of a substantial number.

Who wants to be shot and killed or in prison for the rest of your life while your life is over, no job, your wife re-marries, you never see your kids, ect, ect, ect?

Never going to happen.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016