Mass Shooting Church in TN

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Malum Prohibitum

26 year old man - Wearing a clown mask
    Shot and killed a woman in the parking lot
    http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...e-church-shooting-what-we-know-now/698043001/

Usher should have been WEARING HIS GUN and maybe he could have prevented some of the shootings. But, oh, know, we can't see a reason to carry a gun in church, especially not a small little country church . . . that would be paranoid.

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. Malum Prohibitum

What if somebody had told him, "Carry your gun every day, because if you don't, one day, some crazy black man in a clown mask is going to come in during the service shoot 8 people, and pistol whip you so badly you are going to need to go to the hospital."

He would have laughed at you. The gun would still be out in his glovebox, doing nobody any good.

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. Malum Prohibitum

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/us/church-shooting-tennessee.html?mcubz=1

There is a much longer story here somewhere, if people had time to run to a neighbor for help, and he arrived (unarmed, apparently) in time to witness the first shooting. A whole lot of time transpired.

7. Malum Prohibitum

BREAKING NEWS: Suspect accused shooting church in Antioch, TN is Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25

Fox tweet

8. Malum Prohibitum

9. Malum Prohibitum

Same link.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Same link

11. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I heard they were mostly old people and unarmed, so the nut job could just take his time.

12. Malum Prohibitum

https://www.facebook.com/E.to.da.Man

I have NOT verified this is the shooter yet, but it certainly appears to be. Immigrant from Sudan, which is 97% Muslim. The only things mentioning muslims on his web site seem to be muslims protesting ISIS or the woman who is hunting Boko Haram, nothing in praise of extremism.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  13. Taurus92

14. Malum Prohibitum

One entry on his Facebook page declares, "You are more likely to be killed by a white man than by a muslim terrorist." It has pictures of Dylan Roof and the Newtown, Ct. shooter and other white murderers I do not recognize. It then asks why Trump is not considering a ban on white men.

15. Taurus92

Fb may have scrubbed it already. Keep watching alt-news sites and we'll see if someone captured it first. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the police notify FB before releasing names though.

16. Taurus92

With circular logic, the media will blame Trump for the fallout from the hype they've created.

17. Taurus92

Permit holders rarely stop crime. Except when they do.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/mass-casualty-situation-after-shooting-at-tennessee-church/

18. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

My family did not go to church today; I was at Lowe's around lunch time and saw one of my church's parishoners, who looked like she had just came from church. We literally had this conversation today without knowing about this shooting:

Her: Were y'all at church this morning?
    Me: Naw. We usually only go about once a month.
    Her: Why's that?
    Me: Mostly because of the "no guns" rule.
    Her: Oh.

Her husband owns guns, so she was pretty neutral about it. Maybe our conversation coupled with today's events will get at least one more church member questioning the logic of churchs' weapons prohibition, because what happened in Antioch could have just as easily happened here.