Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
26 year old man - Wearing a clown mask
Shot and killed a woman in the parking lot
A church usher confronted the shooter and was pistol-whipped, followed by a "significant struggle" in which the shooter shot himself in the left side of his chest.
After the struggle, the usher ran to his car and got his gun. He then went back inside and made sure the gunman didn't do anything else before police arrived.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...e-church-shooting-what-we-know-now/698043001/

Usher should have been WEARING HIS GUN and maybe he could have prevented some of the shootings. But, oh, know, we can't see a reason to carry a gun in church, especially not a small little country church . . . that would be paranoid.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What if somebody had told him, "Carry your gun every day, because if you don't, one day, some crazy black man in a clown mask is going to come in during the service shoot 8 people, and pistol whip you so badly you are going to need to go to the hospital."

He would have laughed at you. The gun would still be out in his glovebox, doing nobody any good.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A man who lives near the church said people had come to his home looking for help, so he headed over. He told the television station WKRN that by the time he arrived, the gunman had shot a woman in the back in the parking lot and "then he turned around, and rolled her over and shot her in the face."

"Then he went through the church, and he knocked one older man off a walker on the floor," he added.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/us/church-shooting-tennessee.html?mcubz=1

There is a much longer story here somewhere, if people had time to run to a neighbor for help, and he arrived (unarmed, apparently) in time to witness the first shooting. A whole lot of time transpired.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BREAKING NEWS: Suspect accused shooting church in Antioch, TN is Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25

Fox tweet

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"The gunman was wounded by a self-inflicted shot," a police spokesman said. "He too has been taken to the hospital. One of the church members, upon seeing the gunman doing this action inside the church, ran up and confronted him. He was pistol-whipped by the gunman," Aaron told reporters.

Police said the gunman then accidentally shot himself in the leg. The member of the church who confronted him was an usher, according to police. He has a permit to legally carry a handgun, and ran to his car to retrieve his gun after being struck by the shooter. He then went back into the church and held the shooter at gunpoint, police said. Aaron called him an "exceptionally brave individual." He was bleeding from the head, but was able to talk to police and walk into an ambulance on his own.

Police said the suspect is under guard at Vanderbilt Medical Center and his injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.
Same link.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Police said the gunman has been identified as Emanuel Samson, 25, of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, which is in Rutherford County, about 25 miles south of Antioch.

A motive for the shooting was not immediately known.

"I am not aware at this moment of any relationship between this man and the congregation," Aaron said. But he said "it is very early in the investigation."
Same link

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
https://www.facebook.com/E.to.da.Man

I have NOT verified this is the shooter yet, but it certainly appears to be. Immigrant from Sudan, which is 97% Muslim. The only things mentioning muslims on his web site seem to be muslims protesting ISIS or the woman who is hunting Boko Haram, nothing in praise of extremism.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One entry on his Facebook page declares, "You are more likely to be killed by a white man than by a muslim terrorist." It has pictures of Dylan Roof and the Newtown, Ct. shooter and other white murderers I do not recognize. It then asks why Trump is not considering a ban on white men.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/E.to.da.Man

I have NOT verified this is the shooter yet, but it certainly appears to be. Immigrant from Sudan, which is 97% Muslim. The only things mentioning muslims on his web site seem to be muslims protesting ISIS or the woman who is hunting Boko Haram, nothing in praise of extremism.
Fb may have scrubbed it already. Keep watching alt-news sites and we'll see if someone captured it first. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the police notify FB before releasing names though.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
With circular logic, the media will blame Trump for the fallout from the hype they've created.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Permit holders rarely stop crime. Except when they do.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/24/mass-casualty-situation-after-shooting-at-tennessee-church/
“One of the church members, upon seeing the gunman do this action, ran up to confront him, and was pistol whipped by the gunman,†Aaron said during a press conference taped by the Tennessean.

That church member then went to his car, where he had a gun covered by his concealed carry license, and went inside the church to confront the gunman again.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My family did not go to church today; I was at Lowe's around lunch time and saw one of my church's parishoners, who looked like she had just came from church. We literally had this conversation today without knowing about this shooting:

Her: Were y'all at church this morning?
Me: Naw. We usually only go about once a month.
Her: Why's that?
Me: Mostly because of the "no guns" rule.
Her: Oh.

Her husband owns guns, so she was pretty neutral about it. Maybe our conversation coupled with today's events will get at least one more church member questioning the logic of churchs' weapons prohibition, because what happened in Antioch could have just as easily happened here.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.