Mass., Creating a criminal out of a person who can legally carry in their home state

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by tmoore912, Oct 17, 2019.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

Spending one night camping in the woods on your way from New Hamsphire to Michigan does not make you a Massachusetts resident, court rules
    https://www.universalhub.com/2019/spending-one-night-camping-woods-your-way-michigan

Wonder how much time & $$$$$$ Massachusetts spent prosecuting this guy for exercising his 2A right.

COMMONWEALTH vs. JAMES R. PAUL.

18-month jail sentence.......now he f*****g knows who his betters are.:roll:

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

One would assume that FOPA's safe passage provision would protect Paul while passing through MA, but his gun was loaded (which charge was dropped) and readily accessible.

Why do our Constitutional rights follow us from state to state unhindered except for our right to bear arms which is at the mercy - or lack of it - of each state's politicians?

3. moe mensale

Maybe that NYC v NYR&P case at the Supreme Court will address that issue.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Please tell me what rights you are referring to. I know of none.
    While in Rome,Ga you may call someone from south of the boarder and illegal alien and not even be noticed. Try that in a cesspool of a town in New York and you will be fined several thousands of dollars.

5. moe mensale

Allow me to clarify - unhindered as much as possible under today's litigious society.

One of the reasons I don't live in places like NYC, San Francisco, Atlanta, San Antonio, etc is because my IQ is substantially higher than my shoe size.

Additionally, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let that idiot DeBlasio take it up with the feds.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1365