Masks Are Useless

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Something most agree with.

Nemo

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/do-masks-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19-

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

That study was buried for months. It eventually wiggled out.

3. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Saying they are useless doesn’t make a lick of sense. If you don’t agree with mandates, then that’s a different argument to be made. They are filters. No oil or air filter catches 100% of particles, so are they useless?

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

They are about as good as catching flies with chicken wire.

Savannah Dan and NTA like this.
  5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Maybe when dealing with micros but work great at filtering out other dust and particles that can get into your lungs when doing construction or yard work and such.

Phil1979 likes this.
  6. seereus

seereus Active Member

My physician agrees that mask are not practical nor do they help. He has a sign on his door that states mask are not mandatory to enter his offices.

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

A filter that captures only a small minority of its intended targets is not useful.

phantoms and MSgt G like this.
  8. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp2006372

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection."
    ". A mask will not protect providers caring for a patient with active Covid-19 if it’s not accompanied by meticulous hand hygiene, eye protection, gloves, and a gown. A mask alone will not prevent health care workers with early Covid-19 from contaminating their hands and spreading the virus to patients and colleagues."

9. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

If you're in Georgia, who do you use? You can DM me the answer if you don't wish to name him publicly.

10. HJB

HJB Active Member

So he thinks all of these health care people that are working to save lives in covid care areas in emergency rooms and hospitals are just kidding themselves wearing all of that PPE I guess.

I think I would probably find a different doctor.

11. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Frankly, yes. Unless it's a canister filter, or a full clean suit with its own air supply, viral particles will get through. Really any surgical procedure should require such. Something like what you see at this link: https://www.thigmbh.at/products/vivi/

12. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

You seem to be arguing against a point not made that masks are an end all measure.

13. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

14. psrumors

Unless everything else is in place, like meticulous hygiene, masks are usless.....

We now know 6 feet isn't enough....we have known for years people's hygiene is less than stellar, so, considering everything else is lacking....how are masks supposed to help?

15. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Not even a circular argument. It's a run against a wall, bounce back and do it again.

16. psrumors

The NEJM states masks only work with a host of other processes to which you agree....what happens when the host of other processes are removed?

17. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

They are not an end all measure in reducing transmission numbers. Not sure WTF your point is? Your NEJ source is a perspective piece. I've provided a bit more than that

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  18. seereus

seereus Active Member

I am fine with my current physician. Unlike others physicians he simply states the truth. These cheap mask that are being forced into our lives do nothing to stop the spread of the China virus.
    ETA :
    There is a huge difference in REAL PPE vs these cheap mask that people are currently wearing.

19. HJB

HJB Active Member

Yea, I think I'd probably still find another doctor. Give me his name and phone number because I want to call and ask him if he really believes what you say. I don't think he said that. So what is him name and phone number please ?