Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Open Carry on my own property...sometimes at the homes of friends where it's a customary and welcome practice...and a few times a year in public just to gauge general public's response in different parts of the country
Most of the time, I Conceal Carry
I would like to see open carry legal in every state
Quite frankly his OC vs CC views surprised me (him being an old school northern cop and all).
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthr ... st16757419

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like Mas, he has some good advice and you know he knows what he's talking about. I just got my GWL and I mainly CC but have OC'ed a few times just like he said., to gauge how people react and to know where i'm welcome and where I will spend my money.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Eh, OC all the time. It only feels weird and kinky the first few times you do it. :D

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
William said:
I like Mas, he has some good advice and you know he knows what he's talking about. I just got my GWL and I mainly CC but have OC'ed a few times just like he said., to gauge how people react and to know where i'm welcome and where I will spend my money.
I spent 4 hours in a Ayoob class last year...interesting guy and great class.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
EJR914 said:
It only feels weird and kinky the first few times you do it.
That's what I told a former girlfriend a number of years ago.
:shock:

Let's try to keep it PG boys.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
I've seen where alot of folks on the various forums like to trash talk his articles and such, but I doubt any of these same folks have anywhere near the experience he has.

I attended the lecture portion of his LFI-1 course a great many years ago, not long after I first started CC'ing. The information he presented then, ( and still does ) was a very eye-opening experience.

While there are those who may disagree with what he says, at the very least, his acticles and info get a person thinking about things they may not have given any thought to, previously. :wink:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
EJR914 said:
:shock: Is that legal in Georgia??? :shock:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
robfromga said:
Submarine vs Battleship
I like that comparison. I'll have to steal that. :D

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Aren't battleships obsolete now?

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Aren't battleships obsolete now?
I suppose they are... yet, I wouldn't wanna piss one off. :wink:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
mountainman444 said:
CoffeeMate said:
EJR914 said:
:shock: Is that legal in Georgia??? :shock:
Only a feather.....a whole chicken is not.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
From what I've read and heard on a youtube video he seems anti-open carry. From the article he wrote on me I know he is ignorant of other things as well.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
kwikrnu said:
From the article he wrote on me I know he is ignorant of other things as well.
:-s

He wrote an article about you?

:?

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
kwikrnu said:
From the article he wrote on me I know he is ignorant of other things as well.
Envy, lol.

If there's anything Ayoob is an expert at, it is being pragmatic and focusing on winning and survival over style. Substance over flash. Ayoob wants to be able to carry a firearm and use it in whatever way necessary to defend himself. Every action he takes, from his decision to CC or OC, his stance, his combat tactics, etc. Every action he takes is done around these core contacts. Even his politics is based around these goals. Read any of his books. You may or may not agree with all of his combat tactics, you may find his pragmatic sense of politics and the law contrary to a strict reading of the 2nd amendment, but you cannot disagree he is correct in how he thinks about and analyzes problems.

Because he has substance behind his flash, he has the respect of his peers in addition to notoriety. It's something one can't get just by showing up at Hartsfield with an AK, and envy is a powerful emotion.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.