Mas Ayoob's opinion on OC vs. CC

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by jdh31313, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Quite frankly his OC vs CC views surprised me (him being an old school northern cop and all).
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthr ... st16757419

2. William

William Member

I like Mas, he has some good advice and you know he knows what he's talking about. I just got my GWL and I mainly CC but have OC'ed a few times just like he said., to gauge how people react and to know where i'm welcome and where I will spend my money.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Eh, OC all the time. It only feels weird and kinky the first few times you do it. :D

4. robfromga

robfromga New Member

Submarine vs Battleship

5. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

I spent 4 hours in a Ayoob class last year...interesting guy and great class.

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

That's what I told a former girlfriend a number of years ago.

7. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

:shock:

Let's try to keep it PG boys.

8. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

I've seen where alot of folks on the various forums like to trash talk his articles and such, but I doubt any of these same folks have anywhere near the experience he has.

I attended the lecture portion of his LFI-1 course a great many years ago, not long after I first started CC'ing. The information he presented then, ( and still does ) was a very eye-opening experience.

While there are those who may disagree with what he says, at the very least, his acticles and info get a person thinking about things they may not have given any thought to, previously. :wink:

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

What?

10. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

:shock: Is that legal in Georgia??? :shock:

11. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

I like that comparison. I'll have to steal that. :D

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Aren't battleships obsolete now?

13. ARMT Guy

I suppose they are... yet, I wouldn't wanna piss one off. :wink:

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

lol

15. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Only a feather.....a whole chicken is not.

16. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

From what I've read and heard on a youtube video he seems anti-open carry. From the article he wrote on me I know he is ignorant of other things as well.

[​IMG]

17. ARMT Guy

:-s

He wrote an article about you?

:?

18. Ty D

Ty D New Member

Combat Handguns - Feb 2011, article "Gun-Flash Reprecussions". It's case three.

19. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Envy, lol.

If there's anything Ayoob is an expert at, it is being pragmatic and focusing on winning and survival over style. Substance over flash. Ayoob wants to be able to carry a firearm and use it in whatever way necessary to defend himself. Every action he takes, from his decision to CC or OC, his stance, his combat tactics, etc. Every action he takes is done around these core contacts. Even his politics is based around these goals. Read any of his books. You may or may not agree with all of his combat tactics, you may find his pragmatic sense of politics and the law contrary to a strict reading of the 2nd amendment, but you cannot disagree he is correct in how he thinks about and analyzes problems.

Because he has substance behind his flash, he has the respect of his peers in addition to notoriety. It's something one can't get just by showing up at Hartsfield with an AK, and envy is a powerful emotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.