Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While sitting in my car today, a man walked by, arms full of shopping bags from Walmart and what seemed to be a S&W on his belt. He went to the adjacent MARTA stop and boarded the bus which arrived moments later.

The bus driver clearly saw the OC and in very dramatic fashion, did nothing at all. As it should be.

The OC passenger seated himself and the bus departed. Not even a dust mote was harmed.

For those in or around Atlanta, this was on Cleveland Ave near Metropolitan aka Stewart Ave, so pretty much exactly the sort of area where OC makes sense anyway.

I would love to know if this man was "one of us" and if happened while he was shopping in the Walmart, as they have off-duty LEOs at every entrance so the store isn't shoplifted blind.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It wasn't me. I won't even go close to that area anymore. Good place to get shot, robbed, etc. I normally carry openly when out and about, however.

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
I remember 15 years ago, exploring Atlanta. Ran several red lights just to get out of that area.
Reminded me of places I've been in Philly and Baltimore.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,694 Posts
Did a run on MARTA trains, from Sandy Springs to Midtown stations and back, OC, last fall. Hardly anyone noticed. I had to stand at one point, and one guy next to me looked very hard at my firearm a few times but said nothing.

·
69,784 Posts
I guess the petition to encase drivers in bulletproof glass cages failed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Anyone not armed in that area of Atlanta has a death wish or is crazy enough to borrow money from a drug cartel believing they will pay it back from their lottery winnings. It was way beyond scary when I was a kid 60 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts