Mark All Topics Read on top level?

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Fallschirmjäger, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Hey guys,

Would it be feasible to put a "Mark All Topics Read" at the top level menu instead of just at the individual sections? Many of the forums I visit either have that, or a "Show New Posts Since Last Visit" which does pretty much the same thing automatically.

My first visit every day is the New Posts section to see what's going on, but I don't read Every post. After a few weeks I start getting 100 to 300 unread topics and it just keeps building.

Maybe a "View Posts Since Last Visit" that marked everything as read after you signed out

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

There is one, you just haven't found it. :mrgreen:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

"Mark all forums read" is just above the box that contains "Who is Online" on the first page of the forum.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Ahh geeez... I never looked all the way down there before. Usually the first thing I do is go for the new posts; now I'll just have to get in the habit of going back to the forum's top page.
    Okay...at least it's Somewhere 8)

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Don't worry, we all miss these buttons at first. I have asked for a "mark all read" button at the query screen for new posts. I am too lazy to go back to the index to mark them all read. I will keep my fingers crossed. LOL.