Marietta Mother(3 children in home) Shot Home Invader Dead

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by mountainpass, Aug 3, 2017.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

It seems like I'm seeing more and more of these self-defense shootings in the news now.

4. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

He was shot dead inside the home, but he's a suspected intruder?

I hope she and her family are doing well.

5. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

The intruder should have taken her weapon and shot her with it. duh!

I wonder what the weapon was, and her level of expertise. This is probably a good example of "training is a good idea but not necessary to exercise your Constitutional right".

Praying for her and her family.

6. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

7. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

And she's being questioned at the station. :sad:

8. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Well...I am assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the news has once again done the "BREAKING NEWS!!!" deal without actually waiting for the facts to come out.

And I am so damn annoyed of hearing, "It's a safe neighborhood...this doesn't happen". Well, guess what? It did happen and there is no such thing as a perfectly safe neighborhood.

9. Taurus92

For some reason, I don't see that as odd as the search warrant for a crime scene. Not that self-defense is a crime, but home invasion is definitely a crime.

Are we really at the point of suspecting all victims of having something worth stealing? You know, must be after drugs.

10. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Well...I am assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the news has once again done the "BREAKING NEWS!!!" deal without actually waiting for the facts to come out.

And I am so damn annoyed of hearing, "It's a safe neighborhood...this doesn't happen". Well, guess what? It did happen and there is no such thing as a perfectly safe neighborhood.

Edit: I hate to break it to you, but Griggs street in Marietta probably hasn't been "safe" since 1987.

11. Taurus92

The police spokesman that was interviewed stated she was at the station being questioned. He also said they were waiting on a search warrant.

It seems to me, if a "suspect" enters a house and the police can kick the door in to follow said suspect without a warrant, then why do they need one here and what are they "searching" for? They "searched" Justine Damond's house and they're searching this victim's house.

12. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Again, the PIO told the press the minimum they needed to tell. That is not a good area of Marietta, so there is a distinct possibility that there is more to the story.

13. Taurus92

So, the only thing you're disputing is the quality of the area, which had nothing to do with what I was commenting on.

14. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't think I had spell it out for you...but here goes...

The police spokesman will give just enough information to keep the reporters happy. If there is an active investigation, there may be other players, suspects, or others that the police may not want to discuss with the press so soon after the incident occurred. Accordingly, the press will report the very little information they have and very often will "elaborate" to either sensationalize the story. MORE specifically, at the time of the report, only the police knows exactly why they are doing what they are doing. You are nothing more than a set of eyeballs to the advertisers of the news networks...there is no incentive to give you anymore information that they need to give you to make sure you keep tuned in. FURTHER MORE...the police may have a very good reason to be doing a search warrant, but guess what? At this juncture, it ain't anyone's business other than the investigators...so, the story remains incomplete for the masses that are watching at home.

There...is that more clear for you?

15. Taurus92

Well, if you weren't so busy grandstanding you might see how worthless that comment is. This place is quite amazing.

16. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Grandstanding? I was simply trying to get my point across as it seemed as you wanted clarification about what I was saying.

17. Taurus92

Nope, we both know the media will sensationalize anything. I was commenting on the specifics of what the officer said and reading between the lines of what he didn't say. You went off on the media, or what you seem to think is my lack of understanding of the media.

18. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

She gave an interview. I dont think that was a good idea