1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Maybe we need to support his re-election. Dems already talking about someone to primary him though I think he is solid in WV. I guess it depends on how many illegals the feds dump there.

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Sen Manchin is, at times, more of a republican than many republicans claim to be.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My nickel says he will get a good opponent in the next election. He will also most likely do very well should he be challenged in a primary.

Nemo

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
along with NO to the voting reform (fed control state elections) bill now in Congress.
It's not just the voting reform bill that's at stake. It's immigration. It's gun control. It's basically Biden's entire legislative agenda. Manchin and fellow (how misogynistic of me :LOL: ) senator from Arizona, Kyrsten Sinema are both major thorns in Chucky Schumer's side. I hope they have the fortitude to withstand his onslaught against them.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
But, if we have to support Manchin to keep control of the Senate after the next election, we are still so screwed and eventually it will be the end of this democracy.
Good! Maybe then we can get back to being a constitutional republic. (y)

Reactions: OWM

·
68,905 Posts
mavs, yes, he is just saying we are not a democracy. In a democracy, the majority gets what the majority wants. An example is Athens. The majority was irritated and annoyed at Socrates, for his philosophical questions that exposed their lack of reasoning, so they voted that he deserved death.

He chose to drink hemlock.

Democracy is generally a bad form of government. In its purest form both a gang rape and a lynch mob are democracies.

Our founders feared the tyrannical whims of a capricious majority and set up a constitution, with a republic possessing limited powers, and representatives both for the people and for each separate state acting within a list of about 18 enumerated powers and nothing else. The false idea of "democracy" has been undermining this design for all of our history. We do not even have state representation anymore (17th amendment), and that is a direct result of this silly idea that our government is, or should be, a democracy. I would also venture a guess that Congress is doing a little bit more than exercising 18 listed powers.

Hopefully that clarifies Moe's statement for you, and he can correct me if I misstated what he was trying to say.

·
PITA
287 Posts
But, my statement makes my point and I'm sure that he is technically correct, but not really necessary. Thanks for your clarification though.
Hi, troll formerly known as HJB. After being banned, you came back under another username. You just can't stand not getting the attention that you crave.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Those who know need no explanation. Those who need one will never know.

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
"Mavs" does not appear to be a real person, but a bot. Place on the ignore list.

·
PITA
287 Posts
mavs is not a bot. mavs is a troll, likely from Texas (if that was ever true, and we don't know, because there is no location shown in mavs profile). But I imagine that mavs IP address is the same as banned member HJB's was. Notice that the sentence structure, writing style and "attitude" are very much the same, between the two.

And the dead giveaway is that both users add a space between the last letter in a sentence and a question mark. Same with exclamation points (IIRC), but rarely or never with just periods.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
And the dead giveaway is that both users add a space between the last letter in a sentence and a question mark. Same with exclamation points (IIRC), but rarely or never with just periods.
Damn I'm going to have to get better with my punctuation or lack of it if I decide to go dark.😁

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,817 Posts
Speaking of going dark. You ever write something you want to scratch out later, such as a password? Don't just scratch it out, it will likely still be readable. Make the letters and numbers look like different letters and numbers.

·
PITA
287 Posts
I'm not a bot and really don't know why you would say that.
mavs, are you the same person who was previously posting here under the username HJB?

This one:

HJB4.jpg

HJB3.jpg

HJB2.jpg

HJB1.jpg

Notice one particular word under the username on all 4 of those images.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Hopefully that clarifies Moe's statement for you, and he can correct me if I misstated what he was trying to say.
Works for me! But apparently I left too early and missed all the fun! :ROFLMAO:

HJB from Dallas, TX.
mavs = Dallas Mavericks.
Love it. Good work Hombre! (y)

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Works for me! But apparently I left too early and missed all the fun! :ROFLMAO:

Thats what you get when you go to doc too early in the morning.

Nemo

·
Registered
245 Posts
I mean, really, it's not brain surgery to get around bulletin board bans and avoid being detected.

Unless of course, you're such a hidebound troll that you can't hide your posting quirks.

E.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
I mean, really, it's not brain surgery to get around bulletin board bans and avoid being detected.

Unless of course, you're such a hidebound troll that you can't hide your posting quirks.

E.
Using the same IP (as many do) shows a definite lack of originality. And then there's a certain syntax in speaking or in this case writing that becomes obvious and most people don't think about it. HJB certainly didn't.

·
Professional Troll
2,148 Posts
Sen Manchin is, at times, more of a republican than many republicans claim to be.
Which is probably why he doesn't switch to the Republican Party. He still has his balls.

Reactions: OWM
1 - 20 of 23 Posts