Man with a Rifle Call

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, the police helicopter has left, thankfully, as it was difficult to carry on telephone conversations with a helicopter buzzing overhead, but the building is still locked down.

Apparently, a white male in blue jeans with a red shirt and a rifle was last scene running toward our building.

Everybody is so worried. Why?

Our office has a no firearms policy, so I do not know why they are worried. This is the very reason that our office has this policy, isn't it?

My sarcastic remarks are not too popular around here right now.

:lol:

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The office I am in has a similar policy. :(

Though they are similar to my mothers belief in guns, don't like them until something happens, then asks if I have a weapon nearby. :?

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Blue jeans and a red shirt.....Didnt he get the memo that appropriate attire was Black clothing!!!!!!!!!

4. Malum Prohibitum

5. Malum Prohibitum

The strange thing is that it is now afternoon, and nobody seems to know what it is that this guy supposedly did wrong . . . :? :sly:

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

He had a rifle! Is that not enough! Anyone with a gun may begin a shooting spree at any time. :shoot:

7. Malum Prohibitum

UPDATE:

We are no longer on lock-down. The Atlanta Police Dept and Midtown Blue believe that the suspect is no longer in the area. They believe that he is south of the city.

Thank you for patience.

Great. :roll: So I'll probably run into him on the way home . . . :cry:

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Rifle-Toters in Park

I was playing tennis the other day in an urban park (no legal shooting or hunting for miles) when I saw two men approaching our group (playing tennis) with long arms-- and as they got closer, one weapon looked like an AK47. But then as they got right among our group, I saw that the guns were pellet rifles, and the "AK" looking thing was a break-barrel Chinese made air rifle that is made to resemble an SKS.

And these adult-sized people were NOT actually mature adults, but rather teenage boys. They had apparently been plinking or squirrel hunting in a remote corner of the park. Oh, and they were not actually "approaching" our tennis group, either. They were just passing by the tennis courts on the way home. They didn't say a word to any of us, and the guns were held casually at their sides as they walked.

So in hindsight it was a non-issue, and I took exactly the right actions under the circumstances (no action).

P.S. I admit to have been in Condition White, as I didn't spot these guys until they were within 30 feet of us, and even then it took a few more seconds until I realized that they were bearing weapons (instead of tennis or baseball equipment, like other people in the park were carrying.)

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I wonder if your little tennis match qualifies as a sporting event?

I have never thought about what exactly makes a sporting event. Number of spectators... etc?