Man vs Wild

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by ber950, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Okay the bugout topic make me think.

Do any of you watch the Discovery Channel shows

Man vs Wild or
    Survivorman

I got to admit I am hooked. Can't wait for the new ones to come out so I can see what the guy eats next.

If you watch either of these shows and think "What neat recipe" you might be a redneck too.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

i've seen man vs wild and i'll give that one a +1. haven't seen the other one, though.

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Survivorman doesn't carry a camera crew around; so the production is not as slick. He carries his own camera so not only is he surviving for a week ;he is toting all this heavy camera stuff around.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Good shows. Did you see the Alaska one where the icebergs broke up and sunk the boat he found on the shore? :D

5. LeCZends

LeCZends New Member

I watch both (and just about anything else on The Discovery, History, Animal or National Geographic Channel) Survivorman does it hardcore. Although the host of Man vs. Wild (Bear Grylls) is indeed the real deal, I prefer the isolation and real world flavor of Survivorman.

6. merlock

merlock New Member

Same for me. +1 for man v wild

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Bear is one bad mofo.

I love that show.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

man v wild is awesome.

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yea when he picked it up I was thinking "never go in the water in an old wooden boat.

I think he tries stuff that the other guy won't do because he has a camera crew to bail him out.

I liked the Survivorman episode in Polar Bear country. He had a rifle
    He didn't kill anything with it, but he used it to start a fire. 8)

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Yeah, I saw it. I've seen a few other episodes too. I like the show.

11. merlock

merlock New Member

I've heard about this. I don't think it really matters; he is showing *how* to survive...not necessarily doing it himself.

Still a good show nonetheless.

12. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I saw that one. I watch both almost religiously. I love both of them. Discovery and History channel are pretty much the only two channels I watch on TV.

However someone at work mentioned one of the two show were getting suied. I guess the reason was because he doesn't actually live out there with no contact??? I am not sure if it's true, because of the source. I'm not even sure which show the guy clamed was getting suied. Maybe one of yall have heard word on it?

13. M249

M249 New Member

I'd love to hear what damages Bear sleeping in a hotel caused some viewer... :roll:

14. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I find the show interesting. The guy did climb Everest, now that takes a set of onions.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

werd.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That's a shame. I liked that show.

17. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I don't know if it's even true. Or which show the accusation was made about. I think they are both real. And yeah Bear is a badass and has the credentals to back it up. So I have no doubt it's real.

And same for the other show Survivorman too. That dude lugs his cameras around by himself. But I guess he has alot longer to get out from what I can tell. Two diffrent mindsets. One is to survive for an extended time and one is to simply find his way out as if he is a stranded lost hiker/camper as fast as he can.

18. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Two of my favorite shows and I've got them both set to record any new episodes. Bear is indeed an animal. You just gotta love that guy and while it's still a made for TV show and there'll always be accusations of reality, that SOB still eats all that stuff, does his own climbing, etc. Really great stuff and I don't care how much experience you have, we can all learn something from watching both.