Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay the bugout topic make me think.

Do any of you watch the Discovery Channel shows

Man vs Wild or
Survivorman

I got to admit I am hooked. Can't wait for the new ones to come out so I can see what the guy eats next.

If you watch either of these shows and think "What neat recipe" you might be a ******* too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ptsmith24 said:
i've seen man vs wild and i'll give that one a +1. haven't seen the other one, though.
Survivorman doesn't carry a camera crew around; so the production is not as slick. He carries his own camera so not only is he surviving for a week ;he is toting all this heavy camera stuff around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
ber950 said:
ptsmith24 said:
I've seen man vs wild and i'll give that one a +1. haven't seen the other one, though.
Survivorman doesn't carry a camera crew around; so the production is not as slick. He carries his own camera so not only is he surviving for a week ;he is toting all this heavy camera stuff around.
I watch both (and just about anything else on The Discovery, History, Animal or National Geographic Channel) Survivorman does it hardcore. Although the host of Man vs. Wild (Bear Grylls) is indeed the real deal, I prefer the isolation and real world flavor of Survivorman.
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
Bear is one bad mofo.

I love that show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Good shows. Did you see the Alaska one where the icebergs broke up and sunk the boat he found on the shore? :D
Yea when he picked it up I was thinking "never go in the water in an old wooden boat.

I think he tries stuff that the other guy won't do because he has a camera crew to bail him out.

I liked the Survivorman episode in Polar Bear country. He had a rifle
They wouldn't let me come out here without it.
He didn't kill anything with it, but he used it to start a fire. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Good shows. Did you see the Alaska one where the icebergs broke up and sunk the boat he found on the shore? :D
Yeah, I saw it. I've seen a few other episodes too. I like the show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Good shows. Did you see the Alaska one where the icebergs broke up and sunk the boat he found on the shore? :D
I saw that one. I watch both almost religiously. I love both of them. Discovery and History channel are pretty much the only two channels I watch on TV.

However someone at work mentioned one of the two show were getting suied. I guess the reason was because he doesn't actually live out there with no contact??? I am not sure if it's true, because of the source. I'm not even sure which show the guy clamed was getting suied. Maybe one of yall have heard word on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
ls1ssdavid said:
However someone at work mentioned one of the two show were getting suied. I guess the reason was because he doesn't actually live out there with no contact??? I am not sure if it's true, because of the source. I'm not even sure which show the guy clamed was getting suied. Maybe one of yall have heard word on it?
I'd love to hear what damages Bear sleeping in a hotel caused some viewer... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
M249 said:
ls1ssdavid said:
However someone at work mentioned one of the two show were getting suied. I guess the reason was because he doesn't actually live out there with no contact??? I am not sure if it's true, because of the source. I'm not even sure which show the guy clamed was getting suied. Maybe one of yall have heard word on it?
I'd love to hear what damages Bear sleeping in a hotel caused some viewer... :roll:
werd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Rammstein said:
That's a shame. I liked that show.
I don't know if it's even true. Or which show the accusation was made about. I think they are both real. And yeah Bear is a badass and has the credentals to back it up. So I have no doubt it's real.

And same for the other show Survivorman too. That dude lugs his cameras around by himself. But I guess he has alot longer to get out from what I can tell. Two diffrent mindsets. One is to survive for an extended time and one is to simply find his way out as if he is a stranded lost hiker/camper as fast as he can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
Two of my favorite shows and I've got them both set to record any new episodes. Bear is indeed an animal. You just gotta love that guy and while it's still a made for TV show and there'll always be accusations of reality, that SOB still eats all that stuff, does his own climbing, etc. Really great stuff and I don't care how much experience you have, we can all learn something from watching both.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top