Man under Fire for Shooting Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If a person tortures dogs, they are quick to charge. But if they're protecting their dog, what's the deal?

:lol:

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:roll:

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Load of crap if you ask me.

I know we have to live with nature, however this is a community of sort and once wildlife enters my domain its over for the wildlife.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

property

Well, this case involved some people living temporarily on government-owned wilderness land, not their own land, and not in a residential neighborhood.

Can you kill any dangerous animal that you see on your own land? No. It has to be a threat to you or your property.

Now, since the mountain lion came right up to the family's trailer where they had been living for some time and snatched the little dog right from under their supervision, that makes the mountain lion seem pretty bold, and dangerous. It lost its fear of humans. (Okay, maybe it's not supposed to have a fear of humans, if it's above us on the food chain. But it's supposed to have a fear of ARMED HUMANS, who clearly outrank it).

6. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I'd rather be under fire, than under that mountian lion :wink:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

+1

I'd rather be judged by 12 than nagged to death by one wife for letting the damn cat eat the dog.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

9. fallison

fallison Guest

Re: property

If it is on my land where my children play, it is a threat and WILL be dealt with as such. The DNR can try to convince twelve of my neighbors it posed no danger.