Man Sues to Raise Speed Limit

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by ptsmith24, Jun 30, 2007.

1. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

On some roads I do feel are way to low. And the PD's take advantage of it. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but they are way low. I see how he feels. Definatly understandable.

2. Purge

Purge New Member

Has anyone notice on 285 the speed limit is about 65mph but when you enter DeKalb County it drops to 55mph and you can see plenty of cops generating revenue?

People that I’ve talked to over the internet say that the Ticket Slayer website is the best way to defeat those tickets. Basically, the ticket is a contract and you have 72 hours to reject it with their paperwork.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I thought 285 was 55mph all the way around?

4. zone

zone New Member

I am also a heavy footer! I travel from the far side of Cobb to downtown daily. I have gotten 1 this year and 1 last year so far. Knock on wood. The second ticket cost me $50 extra bucks. Officer told me after your first speeding ticket that another within 5 years is an extra $50. I think thats a load of crap but my opinion is not the point. I have since slowed down but some days I just wanna VVVRRRMMMM!

5. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

6. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I ain't buying it one bit.

Read in their testimonials section and you'll see one for Atlanta. It goes on and on about sending legal documents to the DA's office concerning their case and how the judge had to dismiss the case because the DA didn't respond.

Well, the DA doesn't prosecute traffic charges in Atlanta.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

The best way to defeat tickets is just to slow down...

9. Purge

Purge New Member

These guys and gals on Sui Jurus- Law Research Group are dabomb. Below are 3 cases and one is from Alpharetta about a red light ticket. Sui Juris is hardcore and they can do amazing things.

Alpharetta man wins red light ticket

Ticket Slayer Wins Three Citations Dismissed

Ticket Slayer Victory?

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I got a red light camera ticket dismissed. :)

It also appears that the "victory" mentioned in one of the other threads was because the officer didn't show up to court and not because of some great legal strategy.

11. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

That can be a great legal strategy. The last time I got into a bad traffic altercation (the officer asked me to please step off the bike, with his gun pointed at me) my lawyer and I just kept going back and rescheduling the court date until the officer eventually didn't show up and all charges were dismissed. Incidentally, it was in no way the officers choice to no-show and thus let me off, the court clerk messed up the paperwork and subpoenaed him for the wrong day. :woohoo:

12. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Odd that it wasn't continued then. It's not like the officer just bailed on the subpoena.

13. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

uh 441 north of athens needing to be raised to 65... maybe drop to 55 in commerce but the stretch between clarkesville and athens could easily be 65 and I a really tired of trying to keep it to 55.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I thought that according to the NTHSA the safest category by speed are thos who drive about 10 to 15 over?

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

How about $

16. Purge

Purge New Member

be careful in Lawrenceville.

Lawrenceville collected more money from speeding tickets than the city raised in property taxes.

And I have to say my only speeding ticket I ever got in GA was in Lawrenceville. I was taking my daughter to the dollar movie to save money. After the movie I'm driving back, long story short, $200 ticket. So much for a poor man trying to save money. Next time I will try Ticket Slayer.

17. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I actually thought the same thing. I had a book about getting out of speeding tickets and beating radar and lazers back when I was first getting my licence. I believe it said something similar.