Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wmur.com/r/25417093/detail.html

Sometimes you pay too much for a gun at a show and shoot yourself in the foot. This guy really did it...or nearly did. :lol:

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man (Michael Hunter) was rushed to the hospital Saturday after accidentally shooting himself with a handgun he bought at a gun show. Shelley (a friend) reportedly had trouble locating the safety on the handgun and handed it to Hunter. After Shelley got out of his car, police said Hunter accidentally shot himself in the leg while trying to locate the safety.
:screwy:

I keep hearing Dexter's (Dexter's Laboratory) older sister's voice saying, "Ooooh, what does this button do?" :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts

Thankfully he only shot himself in the leg and not an innocent passer by.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there no way to check the safety of a gun with no ammo in it?

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
Xiclotl said:
Is there no way to check the safety of a gun with no ammo in it?
Well maybe the Government could spend some of our tax money on the development of brains. They could get it by reducing the handouts...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Xiclotl said:

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man (Michael Hunter) was rushed to the hospital Saturday after accidentally shooting himself with a handgun he bought at a gun show. Shelley (a friend) reportedly had trouble locating the safety on the handgun and handed it to Hunter. After Shelley got out of his car, police said Hunter accidentally shot himself in the leg while trying to locate the safety.
Sorry this guy shot himself but somebody should have told him Glocks don't have manual safety levers, buttons etc, and the gun will fire if you pull the trigger while a round is chambered. :(

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Yeah, the boom switch is not the safety genius.

Gotta love some of the comments. "This is why people shouldn't be able to own guns." Ohh please. Even if officers only had guns, they have negligent discharges as well.

Furthermore, what kind of an idiot loads a gun before he has seeked the counsel of someone who knows how to operate a gun. Go get yourself some training if you do not know how to properly operate a gun. Heck, maybe even just ask the guy you bought it from. There is a chance he will know the difference between the safety and trigger.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,412 Posts
Hoo boy,

jonbooger said:
If guns were outlawed there wouldn't be as many "situations" because criminals are mostly cowards and without a gun they would be less likely to go breaking into your home.
Um, HEWWO!, if they want to break the law against breaking into your house, they'll break the one about gun possession too....

I shudder to think what kind of history this person teaches.

jonbooger said:
I'm going back to correcting American History papers now, good night
Bone up on the Second Amendment, will you please?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
JMJ2 said:
Xiclotl said:

Sorry this guy shot himself but somebody should have told him Glocks don't have manual safety levers, buttons etc, and the gun will fire if you pull the trigger while a round is chambered. :(
Glock was not mentioned, but it would not surprise me at all if that's what it was. I waited for over a year for an M&P with a thumb safety when they came out. Even with 40 years of carrying, I insist on a safety on an auto. Seen too many ND & AD's happen even in the hands of "trained" shooters. " :censored: happens" I don't want to be 'that guy'.
These two were just nuts. :screwy:

·
Registered
461 Posts
This is my interpretation of what happened...

Billy Bob, I just bought this mini boom stick and I can't find that dang safety thingy I been hearin about, can you find it?

Why heck yes I can...well crap it's prolly this dangly thing sittin in this circle. BOOM...
I think we need to send this thang back. I pulled the saftey and now my legs bleeding!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
samman23 said:
I doubt he bought it loaded. He loaded a gun before he learned how to operate it. :screwy:
+1 He must have been in a real hurry to get some bullets in it. :shock:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Puffyfish said:
Glock was not mentioned, but it would not surprise me at all if that's what it was.
Yea I know, excuse my sarcasm. :D It could have been any type of gun including a revolver. I carry a Glock almost everyday cause I shoot it better than my other guns. But one thing bothers me about Glocks is the fact you must pull the trigger to field strip. Anyway these guys didn't have good gun handling skills.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JMJ2 said:
Puffyfish said:
Glock was not mentioned, but it would not surprise me at all if that's what it was.
Yea I know, excuse my sarcasm. :D It could have been any type of gun including a revolver. I carry a Glock almost everyday cause I shoot it better than my other guns. But one thing bothers me about Glocks is the fact you must pull the trigger to field strip. Anyway these guys didn't have good gun handling skills.
Well, at least he hit something with his first shot. Mostly people can't do that. :lol:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Someone here has a signature line that says something about stupidity should be painful.

If ever there was living, breathing, although not necessarily thinking, proof of that comment, this story is it. I hate admitting it, but this gave me a bit of a chuckle. As Calvin would probably say to the injured party...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts