Man shoots self after purchasing gun at show

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Xiclotl, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.wmur.com/r/25417093/detail.html

Sometimes you pay too much for a gun at a show and shoot yourself in the foot. This guy really did it...or nearly did. :lol:

:screwy:

I keep hearing Dexter's (Dexter's Laboratory) older sister's voice saying, "Ooooh, what does this button do?" :lol:

2. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

[​IMG]

Thankfully he only shot himself in the leg and not an innocent passer by.

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Is there no way to check the safety of a gun with no ammo in it?

4. samman23

samman23 New Member

I doubt he bought it loaded. He loaded a gun before he learned how to operate it. :screwy:

5. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

Well maybe the Government could spend some of our tax money on the development of brains. They could get it by reducing the handouts...

6. groats

groats New Member

Talk about putting yourself out of work - once people have brains, they won't need government to mollycoddle them anymore.

7. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Sorry this guy shot himself but somebody should have told him Glocks don't have manual safety levers, buttons etc, and the gun will fire if you pull the trigger while a round is chambered. :(

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Yeah, the boom switch is not the safety genius.

Gotta love some of the comments. "This is why people shouldn't be able to own guns." Ohh please. Even if officers only had guns, they have negligent discharges as well.

Furthermore, what kind of an idiot loads a gun before he has seeked the counsel of someone who knows how to operate a gun. Go get yourself some training if you do not know how to properly operate a gun. Heck, maybe even just ask the guy you bought it from. There is a chance he will know the difference between the safety and trigger.

9. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Hoo boy,

Um, HEWWO!, if they want to break the law against breaking into your house, they'll break the one about gun possession too....

I shudder to think what kind of history this person teaches.

Bone up on the Second Amendment, will you please?

10. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Glock was not mentioned, but it would not surprise me at all if that's what it was. I waited for over a year for an M&P with a thumb safety when they came out. Even with 40 years of carrying, I insist on a safety on an auto. Seen too many ND & AD's happen even in the hands of "trained" shooters. " :censored: happens" I don't want to be 'that guy'.
    These two were just nuts. :screwy:

11. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

This is my interpretation of what happened...

Billy Bob, I just bought this mini boom stick and I can't find that dang safety thingy I been hearin about, can you find it?

Why heck yes I can...well crap it's prolly this dangly thing sittin in this circle. BOOM...
    I think we need to send this thang back. I pulled the saftey and now my legs bleeding!!

12. tkruf

tkruf New Member

+1 He must have been in a real hurry to get some bullets in it. :shock:

13. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Yea I know, excuse my sarcasm. :D It could have been any type of gun including a revolver. I carry a Glock almost everyday cause I shoot it better than my other guns. But one thing bothers me about Glocks is the fact you must pull the trigger to field strip. Anyway these guys didn't have good gun handling skills.

14. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Well, at least he hit something with his first shot. Mostly people can't do that. :lol:

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Someone here has a signature line that says something about stupidity should be painful.

If ever there was living, breathing, although not necessarily thinking, proof of that comment, this story is it. I hate admitting it, but this gave me a bit of a chuckle. As Calvin would probably say to the injured party...

[​IMG]