Man kills 1 of 3 burglar suspects in parents' Oakland Park t

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-home-headlines
    Man kills 1 of 3 burglar suspects in parents' Oakland Park townhouse

By Macollvie Jean-François
    sun-sentinel.com
    Posted September 20 2006, 4:55 PM EDT

OAKLAND PARK [Fort Lauderdale, really-Lowell]– A man shot and killed one of three men he found burglarizing his parents townhouse on Wednesday afternoon, the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

BSO identified the man killed during an attempted burglary in the 3200 block of NW 44 Street early Wednesday as Jeremy Goldwire, a neighbor of the victim's.

Goldwire, 20, lived across the street from the robbed Montage-by-the-Lake townhouse.

Authorities said Goldwire and two associates tried to rob the townhouse. The homeowners' son, Richard McKinley, 26, said he woke up around noon to find three men burglarizing the two-story home. He struggled with them, according to BSO, and McKinley fired his gun, killing Goldwire inside the house.

The two remaining burglary suspects fled with a laptop and are still at large. Detectives are asking for the public's help in locating them.

Friends and relatives of Goldwire's ran to the scene weeping as deputies on motorcycles and in a helicopter began to search the area Wednesday afternoon.

"He was a good spirit and always had a positive attitude," said Geline Rivera, 24, a friend of Goldwire. "We just can't believe it."

The investigation continues.

:lol:

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I can understand why somebody would be sad to see a "friend" killed. However this guy may have been in deep financial trouble. Does that give him the right to steal from his neighbors? I think not. Would I grieve over a friend that was shot stealing, nope. I would however wish he asked for help.

Is this the situation at hand? Who knows, more than likely a robbery out of stupidity! I try not to associate with "friends like this" But you never really know your friends I guess!