Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.daily-tribune.com/view/full_ ... -with-guns

<snip>
When approached in the parking lot, the suspect complied with officers and got on the ground. The man, Joseph Ernest Apgar, a Cartersville resident, was arrested for possession of arms by a convicted felon, open container in vehicle, possession of firearm or knife while trying to commit crimes, carrying a concealed weapon, driving under the influence, aggressive driving and two counts of aggravated assault.

When deputies searched the suspect's person, they found a loaded pistol with a round in the chamber. Upon searching his vehicle, they found a loaded shotgun with a chambered round, two bottles of vodka and five beers.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Great job, officers! You got a criminal off the streets. Thank goodness he didn't shoot and kill anyone.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Good policing, poor reporting.

Were I a reporter, I wouldn't have said "man arrested" anymore than I would have said "Chinese man arrested" as both descriptors unfairly include entire subsets of the population that have nothing to do with the crime. Being a man had nothing to do with the arrest, being a felon was an element of the crime but not the crime itself.
A poor reporter puts together "man" with "gun" and attempts to make it equal "bad", when such is not the case at hand.

A good reporter would have reported "felon arrested after robbery attempt."

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:

Were I a reporter, I wouldn't have said "man arrested" anymore than I would have said "Chinese man arrested" as both descriptors unfairly include entire subsets of the population that have nothing to do with the crime. Being a man had nothing to do with the arrest, being a felon was an element of the crime but not the crime itself.
A poor reporter puts together "man" with "gun" and attempts to make it equal "bad", when such is not the case at hand.

This is typical reporting by the Daily Tribune.

I once asked the editor about an article and was told the only facts they report are the ones given them. They are very lacking in their journalistic skills.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:

:righton:

·
Registered
670 Posts
The Five Days of Walmart:

Five beers
Four felony charges
Three misdemeanors
Two bottles of vodka
And a shotgun with a chambered round

·