Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and neighbors house.
...the man shot his neighbor's home on Ruble Drive three times while testing the ballistic stopping power of telephone books. He is accused of setting phone books on his fireplace mantle and firing at them with a 9mm pistol.
Only one round hit the phone book. All three rounds penetrated the wall and continued into the neighbor's home.
*mythbusted*

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I've shot .223 into a box of packed phonebooks and nothing ever came out the other side of the box. But every shot went at least halfway through with lots of fragmentation.

This guy was just an idiot.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yeah... it helps a lot if you make the phonebook wet first.... but shooting into a fireplace is just dumb in the first place. :roll:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
theres a guy in our neighborhood thats about this dumb... he thinks he can walk outside and shoot his 270 off at the woods when theres another neighborhood that is right behind us :p

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,109 Posts
I wanna re-create the bullets penetrating into water (lakes, rivers, ocean) test.
But where can I find a pool deep enough with a 3-meter diving board I can use to get a good downward angle for the shots?
All I can think of is the Cobb County Civic Center pool.... Hmm... is that a "Government Building"?
Is the diving board at least 50 yards from the nearest public road? I think so.
Hmm.... when is "open swim" for the deep pool?

JUST KIDDING !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts