Malum Prohibitum MP AKA Myth Pusters.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by tj2000, Mar 8, 2007.

1. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Malum,
    Sorry for the corny joke. I do have a serious question on the 2nd Amendment.
    I saw this on PDO today and I was wanting to know if it is true and was it written in the last century or not:

Did You Know....
    The U.S. Supreme Court said in Cruikshank v. U.S. that the Second Amendment protects a right which existed even before the Constitution was written. The right to arms "is not a right granted by the Constitution. Neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The second amendment declares that it shall not be infringed."

Again sorry for the poor joke on your screen name :oops: :oops: , but if anyone can find out if this is a true statement or not I felt it would be you.
    Thank you for all your hard work on this great site.
    Take care, :D :D :D

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

I had to ask!!!!!!!

Thanks Rammstein. I should have known this would deal with a sore spot in our history. I do wonder if the court would recognize that the 2nd ammendmant was basicaly not to infringe rather than give us something we already had in the first place. What I think is interesting is how we as a people tend to think the constitution tells us what we need rather than what we don't want " more government intrusion".
    Thanks again for your help, :bowdown: :righton:

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

OK!!!!

Malum,
    I concur.
    :banghead: