Majority of Police Will Not Enforce Gun Ban

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

NRA News:

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

We shall see....

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I sure as heck hope we don't have to find out!

4. Foul

Foul New Member

Most cops should realize that every one of them are one small "politically correct" step away from being reduced back to civilian status and then they'll be in the same 2nd amendment funk as the rest of us great unwashed. One small feux pax and it's back to the sheeple herd for you.
    That humbling thought alone should give pause to reconsider pushing for stricter gun control from LEOs.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They enforce unconstitutional gun laws every day.... I wonder what they consider stepping over the line? 1/3 of officers is a pretty large group... I hardly consider that a good thing! Cops are like any other group... they'll follow the herd and the herd will probably be doing what their bosses tell them. Just look to New Orleans...

To be sure, I wouldn't want to be the guy who signs the order to do so... then again, they didn't do :censored: to Nagin...

I just make it a point to have more firepower than they do. And be more proficient than the rank and file.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

After seeing how things went down in New Orleans, I am sure that MOST cops would DEFINITELY follow the order to confiscate if it came down.

The magazine poll is BS.

7. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

BING BING BING ..... We got a winner!!!! They'll confiscate with enthuasim, like they did in New Orleans. That is why Sonny won't allow HB6 out of committee.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

And then he can explain to the fallen officers family why daddy is no longer around.

9. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

OK let say god forbid it did happen put if LEO came knocking on your door saying there was a confiscation ban and you had to turn over your firearms what would you do.....im sure its hard to say exactly unless you were in that situation but i would say "don't be a hero so leave my property"....if it ever gets that bad ill have guns buried all over my property...ive got some very big vacum seal bags!!!!!

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

cold. dead. hands.

11. Malum Prohibitum

You could try not answering the door. :D

12. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yup, wouldn't answer.
    If they came up when I was outside I'd deny having any.
    Ok, I guess I'd have to give up the one I had on my hip while they were asking me but that would be the only one.
    "I swear that's it ocifer. Can you come in & look around? Only if you have a search warrent. You do? ok, then I guess you can. See no guns. Safe? what safe? Oh that one. Sure I'll open it (does & it's empty cause I knew about the ban already & my stuff is moved & hidden). No sir I recently had some finanial problems & had to sell them all off. Who to. I'm not sure. I didn't keep any records. Sorry. Have a nice day now." :roll:

I can't imagine anyone coming around to my house asking for guns anyway. I'm not exactly in what you would call a metropolitan area. If where I live ever floods I'm not going to worry about guns anyway. I'll be too busy building that Ark thingie. How many inches in a cubit again?...

13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I'm with ramm, I would have them buried all over the place and that's why we have peep holes in the doors.

Remember: Glocks survive the torture test! \:D/

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Even if they have a signed search warrant....well...I think you know where I am going to go with this.

15. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

:righton:

16. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

If it's time to start burying them, then it's probably about time to start digging them up again.

17. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

"I'm sorry. You'll have to come back later. I'm doing the dishes."

18. Malum Prohibitum

I imagine there are people who said this in New Orleans, a few years back. They all meekly handed them over.

19. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Eh.
    From what I read (which admittedly wasn't a huge amount) what the cops were mostly doing was searching abandoned homes & collecting any guns they found there. Those were houses with no people in em. And of course any guns they found people walking around with I guess.
    I guess my point is that A) if I had to leave my home due to an expected cat. then my guns would either come with me or would be locked in the safe. I can't believe that cops on a search & seize would bother trying to cut into a safe & take whatever was there. And I don't believe that anyone was stopped that was leaving the area when they first told you to leave. I doubt I would be one of those types that would stay when everyone was saying get the heck out.

On principle I still disagree with em taking guns from homes that were empty but I sort of understand. If they had scrupuously recorded what they took, when they took it & what home it came from & were happily returning them upon demand or evident return of the owner to the home I don't have a problem with it. If I were unresponsible, had guns in my home that weren't secure, and had to suddenly flee the area then I would rather the cops take them than letting looters find them & put them to nefarious use. The problem IMO was that they were taking them, not doing it right (as noted above) & not wanting to return them. This has nothing to do with taking a gun from a legal owner that is not breaking the law that decided to stay in the area. My bottom line on that is you don't take someones gun from their hands if they are not doing anything illegal. Period. That goes for if I'm carrying & having to be rescued for any reason. If I'm standing on the roof & the guy in the rescue boat/helicopter tells me I have to give up my gun before I can board there is going to be a problem. That's why I support the bill. That is NOT acceptable.

20. Malum Prohibitum

Maybe you did not see the ABC News video (link on this site somewhere) with the people pointing M-16s at hapless homeowners sitting on the curb with their wrists zip tied whilst these searches were being conducted. Maybe you did not read the affidavits submitted in the NRA lawsuit with people's personal exeriences. Maybe you did not see the video of the little old lady who was dogpiled by California cops to have her gun seized and be forcibly removed from her home and thrown into an Army truck and driven away.

Maybe you will go and seek them out now. Then maybe you will report back to us your findings.