Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been watching a thread over on GON. The guy predicted the little ice event a couple of weeks ago, and the snow on Christmas, now he is calling for 6"+ snow on Monday and ice in central GA. He had predicted this several days ago. Well the weather channel just now pointed out the same. http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=594823&page=8

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
6" plus in central Georgia? That means it'll be up to me bollocks here in Dawsonville! **runs to get some bread and milk**

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Sweet! Go get your bread and milk, now! :lol:

·
Luggage Killer
786 Posts
EJR914 said:
And EGGS...

Growing up in middle Tennessee, I worked at a grocery store while in high school.

We called similar predictions: FRENCH TOAST FORECAST

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
bgs210 said:
EJR914 said:
And EGGS...

Growing up in middle Tennessee, I worked at a grocery store while in high school.

We called similar predictions: FRENCH TOAST FORECAST
:lol: :righton:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huge Atlanta Snow Storm........Otherwise known as ....

SNOW JAM

Look it up people were stranded downtown...and partied...

Edit: Ha! http://snowjam82.com/

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
But Snow Jam happened on a Weekday afternoon. What a mess. What was funny was Snow Jam led to Snow Scram the next year. Two snowflakes fell and everyone went home. :lol:

We do know how to enjoy snow in Atlanta. :!:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I came from WI. This is a light dusting. :lol: However, I'm going to buy an IP camera tomorrow so that I can webcast the view from my window. The last ice storm we watched for hours and counted +20 accidents before I gave up and went to bed. LOL..

It's gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Supposed to have my 1st day of classes Monday. This ought to make things a bit interesting seeing as I have to leave the house around 6:30am to be there on time and the school is saying they wont know what they are doing until Monday morning.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
JeF4y said:
I came from WI. This is a light dusting. :lol: However, I'm going to buy an IP camera tomorrow so that I can webcast the view from my window. The last ice storm we watched for hours and counted +20 accidents before I gave up and went to bed. LOL..

It's gonna be awesome!
I'll see your WI and raise you a Buffalo NY. 10 plus years in that rusty place taught this southern boy a thing or two about snow.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AV8R said:
I'll see your WI and raise you a Buffalo NY. 10 plus years in that rusty place taught this southern boy a thing or two about snow.
Ouch... Yeah, the lake effect we would get meant a 6" forecast resulted in 2' plus another week of plowing out the 2' drifts that would replace whatever you plowed...

And yeah, main lesson is - don't get on the roads with people who have no clue how to drive in any amount of snow. :righton:

This will be here by 10:00am tomorrow to record the drama =)

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W-Wi ... 938&sr=8-1

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
AV8R said:
JeF4y said:

It's gonna be awesome!
Awesome on the webcam JeF4y, and yeah, Buffalo, NY, AV8R, that's a lot of snow.

I'm so glad you came down south, AV8R. A patriot such as yourself has no business in such a place. :D :righton:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Weather channel.com is showing just a wintry mix on Monday. I was stranded in NYC on Christmas... now THAT was a snowstorm!!! This should be nothing!

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
We have the NOAA weather briefing we got at noon up on the Sheriff's Office Facebook page.
You can read it for yourself there.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
We have the NOAA weather briefing we got at noon up on the Sheriff's Office Facebook page.
You can read it for yourself there.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
Im from Michigan...this will prolly be nothing im used to but we shall see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

·
Rabble Rouser
522 Posts
AV8R said:
I was just about to mention I was born and raised just outside Buffalo :) 6 inches there was a nice fall dusting

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I moved to Georgia in 1976. A year or two prior, Augusta had a 14" snowfall. That's called "paralysis" down here. I'd grown up in PA, and 2-3 feet was nothing.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts