Mag problem

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by John1976, May 21, 2016.

1. John1976

John1976 New Member

I have a Para Ordnance Carry 12. With the mag only holding 8 or 9 rounds I can fire 2 or 3 rounds and the rest of the ammo is stuck down in the mag. If I unload a full mag 2 or 3 strip off but the rest are down the mag. Both mags do the same thing so it has become a safe queen. Any ideas ?

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Hate to say it, but it certainly sounds as though the walls of the magazine have become distorted so that the magazine follower is binding.
    Are there scrapes or worn areas on the inside of the magazine that might indicate so?

Either way, the only solution is likely to be a new magazine or magazines.

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like bad magazines - either dirty or damaged.

4. Siege

Siege Active Member

Yep. As above, get new mags. Make sure you keep them clean and well lubricated. Don't use a gun-oil that will just drip out, dry-up, or get gummy with dust, but rather use a good grease, like Frog Lube or anything else similar, that will stay where you put it.

5. John1976

John1976 New Member

No visible damage. The mags have done this right out of the box. I will try new mags.

6. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

I find that powdered graphite works well for magazine followers. Disassemble the mags and make sure the followers don't have any leftover mold marks or other artifacts that are binding. Clean them thoroughly and rub them all over with graphite.

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

You can't go wrong with Mec-Gar mags.

8. mountainman444

mountainman444 Well-Known Member

Take one of the magazines apart, sand the sides of the follower just a little (usually doesn't take much), clean the inside of the mag and the side of the follower well, relube and put it back together. Work the follower up and down with a pencil.

9. John1976

John1976 New Member

Thanks I will try that as well as the dry lube.

10. ken grant

ken grant New Member

Try spraying Silicone inside the mag , sit aside and let dry.

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Are these factory mags? If they are then return them for replacements. New factory mags shouldn't require disassembly and cleaning to function properly out of the box. Third party mags? A toss of the dice.

12. John1976

John1976 New Member

Probable been too long. Had this weapon 8 years.

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think asking for replacements now will be fruitful! :lol: