Machine parts

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Adam5, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

We talk about shipping “machine parts” when the subject of shipping guns comes up.

This is the shipping description provided by Kel-Tec for the return of my Sub2K under recall.

IMG_0623.jpg

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I just shipped a photo album and some magazines to my son in Texas. He accidentally left them behind when he moved. The album contained some old photos and the magazines were...
    1) 7 round magazine for his Ruger P90DC
    1) 6 round (?) magazine for his Ruger LCP
    1) 60 round magazine for his AR-15.

The description was listed as photos and magazines. Accurate but not detailed!

Currently out for delivery by end of day.

Adam5 likes this.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I would routinely use machine parts for shipping anything under discussion here.

Nemo

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I don't understand this "description" crap. I've had a UPS account for decades and have never included or been asked for a description of what I was shipping. With the exception of ammo which requires the addition of those ORM-D labels. Maybe that's a benefit of printing and paying from home.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

When you ship something and insure it for more than the included up to $100 amount they request a description so it can be properly valued. The 60 round mag was new in the package and the value was $130. That alone exceeded the $100 limit. So I had to state the value of each mag. The photos dated back to the early 70's and no value could be assigned.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

KelTec gave it an insured value of $400.

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I shipped a package out on April 2 insured for $180 with no description asked or required. As stated above I pay and print from home on a personal account and just drop it off. It's always been this way.

I believe if you bring your package to a UPS Store or Customer Counter and label it and pay for it there, there may be additional requirements. I know the Rome Customer Counter has a very large "Have ID Ready" sign hanging up. I've never shown my license there or at any UPS Store. So apparently there are benefits to setting up an account with them even if you use it on an irregular basis. And it doesn't cost anything.