M231

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by WGTactical, Mar 1, 2019.

1. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

I have been looking at these for years and thought about getting the parts together and see what happens. Had no idea they were this difficult to find.[​IMG]

2. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I haven't seen one of those in the wild, like...ever. M231 Bradley firing port weapon. Pretty neat. Is your plan to get it up and running as a full auto as designed?

3. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

What ever happened to that concept?

4. Scout706

Scout706 Well-Known Member

Just checked Wikipedia, still in use. Never saw one in my 8 years in a NG Mechanized Infantry unit.
    Saw an M3, the “grease gun”.

5. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Thinking about putting it together as semi. I imagine it would be worth more than a post sample.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Part of me wants a swivel-mounted machinegun or SMG sticking out a firing port of my car door.
    But the other part of me realizes that I'd end up bending the barrel when I pull up too close to the drive-thru window...

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

25 years ago when I was in the armored truck industry, we had firing ports on the doors of the armored vehicles.
    But we never got to use them, not even in practice.
    We were "told" how to use them, in a classroom setting.
    (And we were told how they're a potential weakness that could let bad guys to bad things, so eventually they were dropped from newer vehicles.)
    I don't know if they're still being used in the industry. Perhaps the "ports" are still there, but the sliding doors may be welded shut. So now they're just a bluff. Security theater.

[​IMG]

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The original AR-15 pistol. :shoot: