M11/9 for concealed carry?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Or open, for that matter, with three extra mags?

[​IMG]

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

[​IMG]

3. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

a friend of mine has a cobray m11/9 , i'll try it for you and find out, need a holster.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Reliable, Awkward, Ugly

I have owned and / or test fired several Cobray M11/9 pistols and submachineguns. They are reliable. Even with some hollowpoints, so long as the mouth isn't too wide (no "flying ashtrays").

However, the gun is ugly as heck, uncomfortable to hold (it's like grabbing section of 2x4 that's bolted to a brick), and awkward to handle. I don't really like them much. But I think they'll get the job done. Sort of like a fire extinguisher. Not a lot of fun to practice with (in semi-auto mode) but effective for self-defense out to 25 yards.

One issue about carrying one is whether to keep it chamber loaded. I would not, because I find the safety to be poorly designed and not fast to disengage. For the closed-bolt semi models, I'd carry it with a mostly-loaded mag (not fully loaded, though. The pressure can bend the feed lips, which are just plastic) and an empty chamber.

One of these guns, fitted with a tactical flashlight and laser sight unit, a 30-round magazine, and a 6" screw-on barrel extension would probably be a fine home defense or anti-carjacking weapon.

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

i've got a semi-auto version of the m-11
    made by materpiece arms in carrollton ga.
    i've fired maybe 1,000 rounds through it
    with no jaming at all. it uses WWII sten gun mags.
    it's not full auto but like shooting it.
    www.masterpiecearms.com
    mine is MPA30SST

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Reliable, Awkward, Ugly

Mine fires from an open bolt, 1,200 rpm, and several of the people on this forum have shot it (and there is video to prove it if anybody ever posts it - who filmed it, mzmtg?)

P.S. I CALLED MY SENATOR AND THE RULES CHAIRMAN BEFORE TAKING THE TIME TO POST THIS

7. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Only if you wear coyote brown fractal pattern camo...

And make comments amount the mall.