M-4 White Light Question

Discussion in 'How to' started by jdh31313, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

I would like to dedicate a white light to my M-4 and don't really want to drop $400 on a Surefire. I have seen the Streamlight Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle Illumination System in a catalog and was wondering if anyone has experience with this product or suggestions for an alternative. Here is a link to the light... http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamlight ... 88108.html

2. 175FO

175FO Member

You don't have to spend $400 on a surefire. One good technique for a white light is to find a 1" diameter flashlight that you like with a pressure pad if you so desire, and simply use a 1" scope ring to mount it.

3. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

That Streamlight set up looks pretty good. And, for what all you get from that, it's a deal that's hard to beat.

It's bright, ( I don't bother with a weapon light under three digits in it's lumen output ) and is designed to withstand the recoil forces from a weapon during firing. As long as it can be activated easily without disturbing your normal hold on the weapon, I'd say go for it.

4. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

5. ARMT Guy

6. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

7. murrybird

murrybird New Member

I use a Pelican P6 light in LED. It is a bright white light, with a nice helo effect that can file my 20 by 20 bedroom nicely. I like it a lot. Think mine cost just over 65 dollars, but you can shop around to find them cheaper.

8. Jonboy

Jonboy New Member

9. ARMT Guy

This very same light/laser is sold on Top Gun Supply for about $45 bucks cheaper.

I'd just wait a bit till they come back in stock, ( once a person registers on TGS's web site, they can choose to have a notification sent to their e-mail of when a particular out of stock item comes back into stock ) instead of paying more with SIG, unless a person really needs it in a hurry.

10. Jonboy

Jonboy New Member

Sig originally had them listed even higher- at either price I think it is an awful good value. Certainly if you have time to wait I would save the money.

11. Hawkdriver

Hawkdriver Member

12. jabara572

jabara572 New Member

Check this out, gets great reviews on Ar15.com, and a great company to deal with, i have one of their red dots and its top notch for the price.

http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=40

only 79 bucks too!

Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light

? Long throw head with 380 Lumens LED
    ? 9 volt
    ? Uses 3 CR123A batteries, Included
    ? Aluminum Body
    ? Waterproof and shock proof with "O" ring seals
    ? Massive heat sink allows for continuous operation
    ? Batteries only start to fade after 2.5 hours of continuous run time
    ? Total length only 7 3/4 inches
    ? Weighs only 10 ounces including batteries and mount
    ? Includes click-on tailcap switch and 10 inch long tape switch
    ? Mount is removable and body is threaded to accept ARMS #17 or LaRue LT170 throw lever mount

[​IMG]

13. Calvin118

Calvin118 New Member

For the money, get a G2 with a scout mount. For the best combination of quality and light weight get an x300 and mount it at 1200 or 900 depending upon your grip technique.

14. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

$400 for a Surefire? Yeh they have some light that msrp for that or more. That MSRP is for suckers though. I've yet to pay more than $225 for any of the SF lights I own including 2 LED scouts, 6 x300's, two 9v weapon lights and two 6v weapon lights. All but two cost less than $185. Ebay, the Equipment Exchange at BARFCOM, M4Carbine, etc.... are your friends here. All it takes is a little time and patience to get a great deal. 1st of the year through tax time is when you can get some fantastic deals from folks in a tight for money.

There's nothing wrong with some of the cheap chinese stuff from Solar Force and Fenix. The low end stuff from primary arms, itac/sigarms, etc.. I'd avoid. The major problem with any of it is the lack of after sale support. You may get a warranty but it probably won't be a lifetime one and it sure as heck won't come from American workers. Surefire has legendary customer service and they happen to be american. But hey, if moneys tight feel free to support a baby killing, organ selling tyrannical communist regime that's working steadily towards our county's demise.

One last thing, the new 200 lumen SF G2 & 6P lights are awsome and affordable. Buy once, cry once.

15. jabara572

jabara572 New Member

uh oh! its not milspec! :hide: